chapter 32- Unstable Alliance

Scarecrow’s POV

The police sirens were closing in, I bolted up from the vans wreckage, only to see all of us were surrounding but on foot police, “put your hands up.” I looked around me to see all guns trained on me while the rest of the criminals of Gotham sat up confused and injured. I slowly raised my arms into the air; soon the rest of the criminals raised their arms in the air, and stood next to me. , “now get on the ground.” I slowly went down on my knees, soon the police cars came sirens blazing, and guns ready to fire. I looked out into the crowed of police to see Chief Jim Gordon. He stood in front of me, eyes on fired his grey hair giving him authority over the group, “put your guns down.” He called out to the police officers; he looked over his shoulder to see guns still trained on us criminals, “I said guns down.” Soon guns lowered around us. I looked up at Chief Gordon, whose eyes were filled with rage, “where is the girl Scarecrow?” I stood up in front of him, “I don’t know, we were attacked by Bane.” Gordon’s eyes widened, he cleared his throat, “Bane’s back.” I nodded through my matted hair. Suddenly a black shadow covered the area, only to reveal Batman. Suddenly the Bat with a face like death came charging up to me, pushing Gordon out of the way, he grabbed my throat, and rammed me against the wreckage of the jokers van. His grip increased around my throat making it hard to breath, “where is she scarecrow?!” rage had surfaced through his eyes, he pulled me away from the wreckage only to slam me back into it. “I don’t know where she is Bane took her.” He pushed me harder into the wreckage only to let go of me.

The Batman walked over to Chief Gordon, while the six of us stood and watched the events unfold. Soon the police cars began to travel away from us and the on foot police walked away from the scene, only to leave us with the batman. The batman walked over to us, rage still at the surface of his eyes, but no longer rage for me, it was rage for the monster who took Ashleigh. “We need to find her.” He simply stated what each and every one of us planned to do. The joker eager as ever pushed past me to stand toe to toe with Batman, “and why would you want to help us find her Bat’s?” the Batman kept a calm face, yet I knew his façade was faltering, “she is a citizen of Gotham, it is my duty to help.” Joker stuck his tongue out and made a crude raspberry blowing sound, “whatever bat’s. What’s the real reason?” soon the façade came crashing down, “she is unique, I want to help her.” The joker looked around him, and shrugged, “ok I’m sold let’s get going.”

 I shook my head and push joker out of my way, “I know you’ve gone against Bane before, but how do we find him?” the batman looked at me with hatred but still gave me an answer, “my high tech facilities have cameras all over Gotham city, any suspicious behaviour and I know about it.” I nodded, I felt hatred build up inside of me due to the idea of working with the Batman but I had no choice. I sighed and pulled my hessian mask over my head, “we need a plan of attack, but I know Bane can easily obtain and army.” Batman nodded, “I’ll use my high tech facilities to track any activity in the city and pin point it, you could start a city watch and report any activity.” I turned to see Two Face and the Joker looking at the Batman suspiciously, “he’ll turn us in as soon as we’ve got Ashleigh.” I nodded, this was a risk he probably thought we would kill him as soon as we got chance. I turned back to the batman, “it’s a deal, as long as you don’t turn us into Gotham PD as soon as we’ve found Ashleigh.” He looked at me with anger filled eyes, “and we promise not to take you hostage or take any opportunities to kill you.” He looked over my shoulder to look, probably a shock face Joker, I stuck out a gloved, “it’s a deal, the plan will go ahead tonight.” I nodded and shook the Batman hand firmly; this could be a very unstable alliance.