chapter 71

The elders had returned after almost a month. Maybe now the chaos was going to be solved. Afterall as much as nandini ,manik and her friends tried to act like adults, they were young and made mistakes. This time youngsters were particularly happy to see them, maybe because the situation going on had taken a toll on them emotionally.

A party had been thrown by the murthy's, for celebrating their ownership over a five star chain of hotels. One of these hotels was the venue if this party. The party was held in the ground floor, ball room.

Everyone from the buisness world was invited. Be it a accomplice or a rival. Many partners if murthy's were present their. This was an official party.

The malhotra's had been their friends for a long while and graced the party with their presence. This year's most thriving buisness award had also gone to the malhotra industries.

This was a high profile party, from wine to dine everything was top notch. People were dressed in clothes from big brands. There looks screaming their wealth.

Parties like these were a good opportunity to make alliances, discuss buisness. Therefore the heirs of these businesses had to be a there definitely.

Manik, nandini and many if their friends were present too. Except for aryaman and navya. Surprisingly the kappor's had also missed this party. So atleast Maddy was not there to disturb nandini.

Shivaay and anika had there first public apperarence after the wedding, so most of the limelight was of them. They looked every bit of the power couple they were.

Arranged marriages to enhance the buisness was something that people often considered. So the heirs and heiresses of these buisness families, were seen flirting or dancing.

-----
Adi was talking to a few associates when Ruhi came to him. He introduced her as his friend. Excusing themselves he turned to her.

Ru : you look dashing

Ad : yeah you too

Adi had his eyes searching for preeti, he had arrived early to look at everything, so he was unable to escort her. He wanted to bring her as his date tonight. Since he had no attention to Ruhi's conseversation, he just repeated her words

Ru : what

Ad : beautiful, I meant beautiful

Ru : right. Dance

Ad : no, I have to look for someone

Ruhi held his hand in hers. Making him stop

Ru : one dance adi

Adi didn't want this, he would have no problem with a dance had they been clear, that they were friends. But now since Ruhi might take this as something else he was denying. But the he saw ishita looking at him, she gestured at him not to make a scene and go with it. That wasn't ishita's fault either, she didn't know anything.

The parents were worried, since they had seen their children act cold to each other. Today also, when usually they all could be found in a group chatting, they were all in pairs mostly.

Adi nods and takes Ruhi to the dance floor.

-----
Nandini was standing in a corner observing everyone. She had not really been in a mood to talk and mingle. Lost in her thoughts she stood there when someone speaking from behind startled her.

M: you look breathtaking princess

Nandini gave him a shy smile. Manik forwarded his hand asking for a dance. Seeing the thoughtful expression on her face manik spoke.

M : look around, even strangers are mingling with each other. So Ms Murthy, join me for a dance

Nandini bit her lip in thought.They had not been talking, but her heart didn't want to refuse.Moreover like manik had said this was a party, and a stranger was asking her. She placed his hand in Manik's, making manik smile brightly.

Nai jeena tere baaju
Nai jeena nai jeena
Nai jeena tere baaju
Nai jeena nai jeena (x2)

Main tenu samjhawan ki
Na tere bina lagda jee
Main tenu samjhawan ki
Na tere bina lagda jee
Tu ki jaane pyaar mera
Main karoon intezar tera
Tu dil tu yun jaan meri

Main tenu samjhawan ki
Na tere bina lagda jee
Tu ki jaane pyaar mera
Main karoon intezar tera
Tu dil tu yun jaan meri

Main tenu samjhawan ki
Na tere bina lagda jee

Mere dil ne chun laiyaan ne
Tere dil diyan raahan
Tu jo mere naal tu rehta
Turpe meriyaan saaha
Jeena mera haaye
Hun hai tera ki main karaan
Tu kar eitbaar mera
Main karoon intezar tera
Tu dil tu yun jaan meri

Main tenu samjhawan ki
Na tere bina lagda jee

Ve changa nahi o keeta beeba
Dil mera tod ke
Ve bada pachtaiyaan akhaan
Naal tere jod ke

Tenu chadd ke kitthe jawan
Tu mera parchhanvaa
Tere mukhde vich hi main taan
Rabb nu apni pawaan
Meri duaa haaye, sajda tera kardi sadaa
Tu sun ikraar mera, main karoon intezar tera
Tu dil tu yun jaan meri

Main tenu samjhawan ki
Na tere bina lagda jee

They danced in sync, all the time looking at each other. They were just Manik and nandini right there, without the baggage of the situation.

What they perhaps didn't know was that this was going to happen a lot that night.

After a while they seemed this carefree. The teasing glint of their eyes, and the flirty looks. There equation was once again changing.

Something captured their attention, when they saw adi walking towards the lawn, leaving Ruhi alone to the dance floor. Alia immediately had come to whose rescue.

Manik and nandini had a eye talk, asif telling each other that they needed to control the situation from going haywire. So manik left behind Adi, and nandini searched for preeti. Rest of there friends had also followed out. Nandini was thankful that not many people had noticed this, and therefore the party continued without a hitch.

But what she didn't know was that there lives were certainly going to hit a roadblock. Let's see how they deal with this. As manik and nandini this time.

------
That's all for today

I am genuinely dissapointed with the response. I don't know why do people not comment. A few words about what you guys think about the way story is shaping up are enough.

Do vote and comment

Precap : blaming each other

Hint : isn't it time Ruhi got her karma.