Arc 5.17 Empress of Four Kingdoms

The rest of the banquet went smoothly after that small hiccup.

Although they felt immense regret, the young ladies no longer held any hope for Hua Shen as he already made his stance clear that he would only marry Li Feifei in this lifetime.

After the banquet ended, Hua Shen had arranged for proper entertainment.

There were the cliché sexy dancers who exposed a lot of skin and their breasts swayed and bounced with every step and jump. Small, white perfect carved like jade feet were bare and flawless as they seductively touched the floor gently before launching themselves in the air again and again.

It was assumed the girls were very beautiful by their alluring figures, but one could never be sure as they all had veils covering their faces, which gave them an additional air of mystery that appealed to even the women situated in the hall.

It went without saying that Li Feifei had a much more enjoyable time admiring their performance than Hua Shen who regretted setting this up. If he knew Li Feifei's preferences beforehand then why would he have invited this troupe in the first place ah?

But men were no good either.

Suddenly and for the first time ever, Hua Shen felt at a loss and he inexplicably had no idea what to do with his girl.

One could not rely on others to entertain her, then there could only be himself ah!

But how could an Emperor go down and perform for the masses? Although Hua Shen did not mind lowering himself, but to display his unparalleled skills to others aside from his wife was meaningless.

He could only wait to perform for her when they were alone because he felt that only Li Feifei deserved to see his greatness.

Ah, but if he were to perform alone for her, the only performance he would be most confident in would have to be in bed...

Even if Li Feifei felt that the women dancing below were really too beautiful to handle, she never did completely divert her attention from the devil beside her.

She found much more amusement from his plentiful and colorful shifts in mood.

Li Feifei felt it funny that Hua Shen was obviously indignant at her appreciation for the beauties, then not too long after he felt helpless, followed by pondering and lastly the look in his eyes as he stared at her turned awfully heated with desire.

How cute.

One really had to wonder what went on within that thick skull of his.

Unfortunately, Hua Shen was still in his own mind so he did not notice that minute amount of attention and amused smile that his wife was dedicating to him. He hastily waved away the dancers before she could find one that she particularly favored.

It was okay for him to do so as he was universally known to be very childish. It was only after he had taken the throne that others started to become increasingly guarded against him as one could never be simple if they were able to take the throne for himself with five other brothers ahead of him in the hierarchy.

He feigned a yawn, then tiredly voiced out as he swung his sleeves, "Zhen is bored. Send in the next group."

The officials who were enjoying the flamboyant figures of the dancers wanted to retort that they hadn't even danced for five minutes! FIVE!

Unfortunately, they were only lowly officials and they were not even his own ministers so how could they "advise" this young emperor to appreciate beauties more?