Chapter Thirty-Five

Y/n's pov

A small crowd gathered around us as Toby violently shook as sobs continued to rake though his body. "What happened?" E.J said stepping to the front to get a better view. I tried to turn my body to look at him but Toby's hold only grew stronger, keeping me in place. I gave up and let the twitching boy hug me. Kate quietly explained the situation to the group while Masky glared angrily at Toby. "He seems out of control right now, Y/n get away from him." He demanded walking towards us. I looked up surprised at his sudden outburst. "What? No, look at him." I answered sharply turning my head back to Toby.

"Actually it would be better if you stood back, he's unpredictable right now." E.J intervened making Masky smile and pull me off Toby by me waist. I sighed and looked at Toby, it was obvious he was having having flash backs, his eyes unfocused and his body shaking. I looked away not wanting to see him so hurt and broken. I ripped my hand away from Masky's grip and ran towards the stairs. I continued at this pace until I reached me and Hoodie's room. I curled up on my bed and gripped my knees as tears started to stream down my face.

I heard a light knock at the door making me pull the covers over my body not wanting to be seen by anyone. The door creaked open and heavy foot steps made it's way over to the bed. The person stopped for a second then started started to climb the small ladder up to my bunk. This only made me pull the covers tighter around myself. The person laid beside me and wrapped two strong arms around my quivering form.

I peaked my head out to see who it was, ready to push them away. I met mask less Masky soft gaze. I only cried harder shoving my face into his jacket in an attempt to hide my face. He continued to hush me and slowly put my body curled in blankets in his lap rocking me as I sobbed. After a few minutes of this treatment he slowly put his finger under my face lifting it. I raised head, meeting his gaze. He smiled softly and took off my mask. "What's wrong?" He asked as I looked down. "It's-s my f-f-fault Toby's hu-hurt." I hiccuped as I shoved my face back into his jacket. He rubbed my back "It's not, you were just trying to make him feel better." He cooed as he pet my hair.

It was surprising to see Masky like this, he's outwardly aggressive to pretty much everyone but me and Hoodie but he's never been like this. Well to be fair he's never seen me like this either, I haven't cried in over two years now but this new place and people is throwing me for a loop.

My cries died down to whimpers as I started to slip in and out of consciousness. Masky's continued to soothingly rocked me back and forth. I yawned and sunk deeper into the blankets letting darkness consume my mind.

I buried my face deeper into my pillow as light shined on my face, my pillow felt different. It felt harder and warm? I picked my head up to investigate but was meet with a sleeping Hoodie. I shook my head not remembering what happened as I placed my head back on his chest. He stirred for a few seconds before waking up. He cracked his eyes open and looked at me. He smiled softly and wrapped his arms around me making me melt into his touch. We stayed like this for a while until he cut though the silence. "Masky told me what happened after you feel asleep." He said looking down at me. "I'm so sorry..." He said hugging me tighter. I nodded and hugged back tightly, slightly embarrassed about last nights outburst.

We got dressed after a few minutes and planned on a training day to get my mind off it. Apparently Toby blacked out after I left last night and woke up not remembering the cop or flash backs. I have yet to talk to him since E.J has forbidden visitors until he can ensure Toby's mental health is back to normal.

Me and a few of the pastas stood in the battle clearing sparring with one another to test skills. We were picked at random resulting in Jeff and me being partners. We stood a good ten yards away from each other as we gripped our weapons. Jeff smiled wider as BEN started the count down. "Three. Two. One. Begin." He said quickly backpedalling a few feet back. We sprinted at each other with our weapons raised. He swung his knife at my arm making me jump back to avoid it. He laughed instantly and ducked down avoiding my sledgehammer. This continued until I was pinned to the ground with his knife pressed tightly against my throat.

"That's game!" BEN called running over checking his stop watch. "Seven minutes and twenty-three seconds." He said looking up. We stood up and brushed ourselves off. He threw his arm over my shoulder. "Woah," He said with a trace of inanity still in his eyes. "I haven't fought like that in ages." He sighed looking down at me. I shrugged my shoulders. "It was fun I guess." His face dropped slightly at my tone of voice but picked back up as he continued his sentence. "Where did you learn to use that anyways?" He asked titling his head to the side motioning to my weapon. "Oh," I laughed "Masky mostly." He nods. "You should rea-"

"Y/n!" A voice cut in making us both look at the opening to the forest.