eighteen.

jungkook's pov

taehyung and i were currently on our way to his parent's house. we had just finished our semester and we had one week to spare.

he had been begging to go see his parents for the longest and who was i to deny him that.

"are you happy love?" i asked him as i placed my warm hand on his thigh. my eyes focused intensely on the road.

"yeah!" he smiled widely at me as he nodded his head.

the drive there wasn't terribly long but by the time we got to his old home, it was pretty late at night.

"mommy!" taehyung gasped as the door swung open to reveal the small woman.

"oh, my babies! i've missed you! come in guys!" taehyung's mother greeted both of us with warm hugs at the door.

ever since my mother passed, taehyung's mother had become someone who i deeply admired and looked up to.

taehyung's father soon came downstairs and greeted us warmly as well. we got along very well, both of us seen as "the men" in our relationships.

we were currently catching up a bit as we ate dinner that taehyung's mother made.

taehyung suddenly yawned, making his mother lightly coo at him.

"you guys must be so tired from the drive. how about you go rest." she suggested as she watched taehyung rub his eyes cutely.

"okay." he mumbled, not even bothering to protest to the idea.

i excused both of us as i practically dragged taehyung upstairs to his room.

"sleep now baby." i spoke softly as i took off his clothes and pulled the blanket over his small body, slipping in beside him.

i wrapped my arms around his waist as i held him against my chest. his small hands fisted the front of my shirt, making me rub his sides comfortingly.

at the time, i had no idea how much a break from college meant to him in regards of a certain someone.