Chapter 32

As aforementioned last night, Billion arrived at the Hamilton's home, a little after seven in the evening

Clad in a creaseless black tuxedo, it was impossible for Emery to take her eyes off him—not when he looked so handsome and impeccably style worthy.

On the other hand, Billion was certain that her backless burgundy gown would hold him spellbound for the rest of the night.

The short ride was spent on talking about anything concerning the Dekker's and their renowned plush parties.

Emery basically knew the inhabitants of the Dekker household and what to expect before they set out to the party.

Still, his features were frigid and as much as he tried to free his discomfort by distracting Emery with small talks, she caught onto the act with ease.

"Are you OK?" she asked gently.

Giving her a side glance, Billion said, "You think I'm not?"

Emery shrugged. "I don't know, you are a bit down in the mouth today."

Regarding her with a lopsided smile, Billion took her hand in his and kissed the back of it. Without losing his grip on the wheel.

"I'm not really the homecoming type if you know what I mean." Emery nodded. "but I can survive a night with you by my side..."

"Look who's being cheesy now." Emery played along.

"Only for you, my love." as per usual, her heart flipped giddily at the belovedness.

He drove through the contoured driveway once the automated gates parted for them. Varieties of posh cars paraded the compound and it took another second for Billion to find a parking space. In his own home.

"Come on. We're fashionably late," Billion urged.

He got down, tossed the car keys to one of their awaiting valets and went over to get the door for his fiancée. Muttering a thank you, Emery took his offered arm.

She was overwhelmed when her gaze fell upon the magnificent building ahead—a modern version of a Victorian mansion. Its white walls and gold-dusted pillars stood as imposing as the man beside her. Everything was clean and cut. Onward, a long paved path curved around a huge marble fountain, its crystal blue aqua springing higher and higher.

She was in his home. Emery revered.

At the grand entrance that led to the banqueting hall, Emery could see two men both having cameras and a woman with a microphone. It was obvious they were media personnel.

Emery glanced up at Billion. He was already looking down at her—with a gentle smile as if he knew her thoughts at the moment.

"They are private journalists. My parents invite them to any family ceremony that needs coverage. You know, just to deal away with rumors." he gave her hand a gentle squeeze.