18: Beautiful

She was beautiful

She was beautiful. 

The way her dark hair settled in waves down her shoulders and the brightness of her warm brown eyes watching him in shock made his heart pick up with nerves. She wasn't too short for average height but to him she was still minuscule, standing up to his chest. 

"Were you spying on me?" He asked in amusement as her face flushed a lovely shade of pink. 

She looked anywhere but at him. "No."

Deciding to tease her a little, Hunter took a step closer. "Are you sure?" 

She nodded her head as she glanced at him but quickly looked away as her face became more red. "Yes, Dumbo! Now go back to work or whatever you were doing." 

A happy grin took over his face. He could finally put a face to the voice that had talked to him for  months. A sudden urge to bring her close overcame him but he paused. Knowing her, she would most likely slap him or call him some weird name. 

Disregarding them, Hunter took the last few steps that separated them and wrapped an arm around her small frame, hugging her close. The fresh smell of lavender greeted him as he buried his face into her hair. 

She didn't respond at first, probably from shock at his actions but slowly, she brought her arms up and wrapped them around his waist. His smile grew wider as he let out a small laugh, slowly rocking them from side to side. 

A loud cough brought them apart and Hunter scowled at a smirking Josh who was leaning against a tree. "The reunion at last!" He cheered loudly and made his way over. 

"Shut up, dude," Hunter muttered as he thwacked his best friend on the shoulder. Josh rolled his eyes at him and turned towards Valentina, sporting a wicked grin on his face. 

"So Valentina," He wiggled his eyebrows and she raised an eyebrow at him. "How ya feelin'?" He gestured towards Hunter who shot daggers at him. 

"I feel great!" She chirped and gave him a wide grin. 

"No, I don't mean that feeling. I meant this feeling." Josh gestured again towards Hunter making the latter let out an aggravated sigh."

"So I'm a this now huh?" Hunter bit out and mentally wished Josh would leave them alone. However, secretly he wanted to know what Valentina thought of him too. Was he who she imagined him as? 

Both of them ignored him, making him huff in annoyance. Valentina regarded his best friend with a blank look at his question. Her expression suddenly changed to one of pure horror as she let out a shriek and hid behind Hunter's back. "Spider on your shoulder!"

Josh's face drained of its color as he let out a girly scream. His scream drew the attention of several passerby. Running out screaming, he earned a few weird looks from the crowds. Valentina let out a loud cackle making him crack a grin. Heck, even her smile was beautiful. 

"Wanna hold Beanie?" He asked her after she had composed herself.

"Yes!" Her excitement was contagious as she bounced on her feet. Beanie let out a soft meow and scrambled out of his arms and onto her outstretched ones. Letting out a loud purr, her fluffy fur covered half of Valentina's arms. 

Watching her coo over Beanie and Beanie rubbing her head against her chin, Hunter couldn't help but let happiness overtake his thoughts. 

And as the sun reached high above the sky and the temperature became warm, Hunter watched adoringly at the girl who had made him smile for the last several months. 

**

Don't be silent readers! Vote and comment your thoughts!