Chapter 14

Marcus' P.O.V

That mutt had the right to hit her. Thankfully I reached to her on time or god knows what that bastard would have done to her. I sat besides the bed of an unconscious Jordan. It was way too much for her to take in.

First she realises that Luke and I are cousins then the family she killed was Luke's and that mutt had the guts to tell her that he didn't love her at all and bedded her for pleasure. That rascal and then she came to know that her best friend hid secrets from her and the final blow was my wolf.

The pack doctor Adrian told me that she will gain her consciousness today. It has been two days since she fainted. I did not leave her side but I had to go to the dungeons today to beat Luke up. I was beyond angry with him.

I told Jessica to watch Jordan as I left my room for the dungeons.

"There was a better way of telling her things you know."
I told Luke once I walked into his cell.
He was chained up with silver. He gave his signature sinister smile.
"The worse hit is yet to come Mark. When you plan on telling that bitch about wolves."
I smacked him.
" Don't you address the Luna like that."
"She ain't my Luna."
"Of course you are packless and a lone wolf. Thanks to Jordy that your family died or else I would take the pleasure on killing them myself."
"My mate has nothing to do with it. You knew that Mark." He screamed it out loud. Hurt and pain clear in his voice.
"What about your fat..."
I couldn't complete the sentence when I heard Jess in my mind link.
"Come here brother, you got to see this"
"Is she ok?" I asked back.
"Doctor Adrian needs you now, she is shifting."
She is what?! Shifting to a wolf.
"Guards. Lock this up."
I saw Luke's expression he heard the last part as I said it out loud. He looked shocked and scared. But soon he turned on his sinister smile on.

I rushed to my room. I heard bones crack and was shocked to see what was in front of me.
"I think her wolf was dormant." Adrian answered me before I asked anything . Jessica was already helping her. I reached to Help her and my one touch made the wailing wolf quiet. She turned towards me. She tried to smile but her back arched and with in seconds stood a white wolf. She was almost as huge as my wolf. Which shocked me. Generally an alpha wolf is that big. I turned towards Adrian.
" I will wait in your study."
I looked at the wolf and it looked lovingly towards me. She knew I was her mate. She walked towards me and licked my face.  Jessica was too shocked to react.
"Hey babe. I would want you to shift back." The wolf scowled at me. Clearly she didn't want to shift back as she was almost 10 years late. She wanted to have fun and run.
"Please. I promise to take you running. But now your human form requires rest. Please love."
She looked confused and that's when I realised she didn't know how to shift back.
"Think about yourself, your human body."
I said softly and she closed her eyes. I heard the bones cracking and I walked out of the room.

I knew that Jordan wouldn't want me to see her naked yet.
I walked to my office.
"What the hell was that."
I asked Adrian who was reading something up.
"She is a late shifter Alpha."
"I understand that but why ."
"She stayed in the human world since a long time. Maybe her wolf was dormant that's why. And once she met her mate and was introduced to the wolf community she came around."
"But that is clearly an Alpha wolf."
"I guess an Alpha abandoned her."
I was deep in thoughts. Why would an Alpha give up his heir.
I so wanted to see her. Adrian told me about the food that needs to be cooked for Jordan and left. I left behind him walking towards my room.

I saw Jessica near the window and Jordan scowling at her. She must have sensed my presence and immediately turned towards me. Now that she was a wolf she would be more attracted to me.
I nodded towards Jess and she left. I walked towards Jordan.

"What is wrong with me?" She asked quietly.
"You are a wolf." I stated
"What?"
"And so am I."
"So What Jessica said was true."
"Yes."
"Wolves exist. I don't want to be one."
"You can't undo it sweet heart." I cupped her cheeks and I felt the sparks and this time she felt it with more intensity.
"What was that?" She asked me ask as she moved a little away from my hand.
"You are my mate?"
She opened and closed her mouth many times trying to understand all that.
"What is it?" I asked her.
"Before I fainted I was so hurt with Luke and his actions, I loved that man. He was my husband. But I don't feel anything. Rather I feel like touching and holding you."
I smiled at her. I wanted to do so much more to her than just touching and holding.
"It is because you have accepted who you are. You are a wolf and I am your mate. The affair you had in your human life will not affect you emotionally anymore."
She nodded and turned towards the window.
"But I did kill his family."
"It was an accident love."
She wiped away a stray tear and looked around the room.
" this is not the room I was supposed to stay in."
"That is because this is my room."
"What?" she turned towards me immediately.
"Yes, till you are perfectly fine you will be here. It will be easier for Adrian to check into you."
"I am fine. And who is Adrian?"
"The doctor. And you are not fine. Please don't argue."
She nodded her head reluctantly.
"Can I Please at least have a shower?"
"Sure."
I saw her walk towards the bathroom.

Guys if you like my story please follow me and do not forget to leave a comment. I really need some motivation to continue to write this story. Please my beautiful readers do not forget to comment vote and follow. Love you guys 😘

Next update will be coming up soon.