Chapter Thirty-Eight

A/N: Alrighty! So next to this chapter I posted a pic of my 3 fave girls (well, out of the ones I created for this story) and next chappie I'll post a portrait of the three lil angels, Erica, Lydia and Allison.

Hope you like, and in a few chapters time I'll give you two mock-ups of a cover for book 3 and you guys can tell me what you think! Anyway, enjoy the chapter ;)

~ ~ ~

The pack met that afternoon at the loft, Derek hadn’t yet told them what they had found and Stiles was slightly annoyed that Derek and Karissa had gone without even Lydia there with them.

“All I’m saying is that maybe you could have waited, what if you needed a human to help? Break you out of some mountain ash or something,” Stiles said with a shrug, the first one to arrive at the loft and taking his chance to bring it up.

“Stiles…”

“I mean I know there’s something up with Lydia but she’s still human. What if it was a trap?” he continued, ignoring Derek.

“Stiles…”

What if someone was waiting there to ambush you and it was just you and the―”

“It was her sister Stiles,” Derek said finally, cutting him off. “Karissa’s sister, Freya.”

Stiles’ mouth gaped open for a moment, bewildered, and then he put his hand to his face with a sigh, “shit.”

“She had a bad feeling, hadn’t heard from her in longer than she should have and thought that maybe we’d find her at the spot where Lydia was drawn,” Derek said, sighing and looking down at his feet. “We did.”

“Same as her mother I’m guessing,” Stiles said and Derek nodded. “And that probably means that Karissa is next, I mean they sure as hell were aiming for her last night.”

“I know, but their guns were filled with wolfsbane bullets Stiles,” he said.

“So? They’re still bullets, still would have killed her if they’d got the aim right.”

“That’s not my point Stiles,” Derek said, “My point is that yes, maybe they were aiming for her, but werewolves are also on their list, and it’s possible they know who we are by now, after last night especially.”

“Well then we keep on the look-out for anything suspicious, and try not to get into anymore arguments with Katherine,” Stiles said. “We are not going to let them beat us, and they aren’t going to get to Karissa either. Where is she anyway? I can't really imagine her going back to the place she stayed with her sister.”

“She’s upstairs.”

“Wait what? She’s here? Now?”

“That’s what I said Stiles,” Derek said. “And don’t you dare go up there, give her some time to process it all.”

“I’m not going to go up there. I mean it’s not like I hated her but we were never really friends, you know?”

“I know,” Derek said.

They waited for the rest of the pack to show up and Derek filled them in on the details. Lydia went very quiet, clearly feeling some kind of guilt for this. It was her who found the last two bodies after all.

“So what now?” Jackson asked after a long while of no one saying anything. “Are we going to protect her? Keep her here where they can track her down and be led straight to us?”

“Well we can’t just leave her on her own,” Scott said.

“We weren’t a whole lot of help finding her family alive, who says she even wants our help?” Erica said.