𝟎𝟗

-

"Chan Hyung! I'm back!  And without friends this time. Ugh. Sometimes they're so annoying. Is it weird that I kissed your hand? Ugh, I wonder if I stepped over a line. But you can't talk, so you can't really express your feelings. I won't do it again until you wake up, and I mean if you want me too." Chan internally smiled at the younger being so flustered. He felt Jeongin take his hand, his finger interlaced with his, and it made him want to let him know that he was there. That he could listen.

"Chan Hyung, it's still day five, and I hope you can wake up soon! Even if you don't, I'll try to come every day! My mom says that I'm usually not so invested in something, and give it up after a while. I promise I won't give up on you, okay?"

"I'm holding your hand rather than giving you a kiss. I guess I did step over the line there, so oops." Jeongin gave his hand a light squeeze, and Chan felt like he could respond. He didn't think for a moment, just tried to gather up the energy to do so, and he did. He squeezed back.

"Oh- Oh my god! Chan Hyung! You squeezed my hand! Have you been listening?! Can you hear me!?" Chan was practically wiped out from the first squeeze, but he managed to do it again.

"Hyung! I have to go get a nurse! I'll be back!"  Loud footsteps followed as Jeongin scrambled out of the room. Soon after, two sets of Footsteps came into the room.

"And Nurse, I asked him to squeeze my hand, and he did, and-"

"Okay, calm down a little bit." The nurse chuckled slightly.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" 

"It's fine. I'm just going to check his heart and some other basics."

"Okay!" Chan could feel the Nurse placing stuff around his arm and doing the other basic checks.

"I'll go fetch one of the doctors on duty and they can come in and check him out."

"Okay, Thank you!"  Chan heard the nurse's footsteps walk out of the room and he heard Jeongin sit down beside him.

"Wow, Hyung. You've actually been listening. I was trying to convince myself that you were conscious, right? But it seemed a little wacko to be talking to someone who doesn't hear me. But you did hear me! I'm so glad..." Another set of footsteps came into the room.

"Hello, doctor..."

"Park." 

"Doctor Park. I'm Yang Jeongin, and this is-"

"Bang Chan. Yes. I'm just going to verify what the nurse checked, and then we'll see about his consciousness."  Chan could feel the doctor do the same tests on him, and then he felt the doctor take his hand. The doctor's hand felt rough and calloused, rather than Jeongin's small and smooth hand.

"Mr. Bang, if you're conscious, can you try to squeeze my hand?" Chan pushed the remaining energy he had into squeezing the doctor's hand.

"It seems like you were right, Mr. Yang. By the state that he's in at the moment, he could wake up tomorrow. But, you never know for sure." The doctor then walked out of the room. Chan couldn't hold the conscious state and drifted off to Jeongin chattering about what had happened while he was gone.

-