{30} ANNABETH AND I LET LOOSE IN THE RAIN {30}

This chapter goes out to all of my long term readers: Eclipse_Assassintheishfudge87, ThePersonThatsHeregenenaetu, and therealiamham. Love you all and thanks for sticking around <3

This isn't the last chapter, btw! There should be at least ten more, idk for sure though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 6-4-18

It was a Monday, the fourth of June, exactly four years after I had met my best friend, Annabeth Chase. She would be coming to my apartment at eleven, an hour away.

I picked up my bedroom and got dressed in shorts and a green tee shirt. Panicking momentarily, I searched my closet for my present for Annabeth. I breathed in, relieved that it was still there. It wasn't something I could quickly repurchase. If I lost it, it was gone.

I decided to quickly wrap the small box so that it surprised her more when she finally got into it. I grabbed a roll of shiny silver wrapping paper from the closet in the hall and set up at the dining table. I attempted to wrap it, but ended up making it much too bulky.

Getting up, I pushed my chair in and wandered down the hall. I knocked on my mom's door.

"Come in, sweetie."

I opened the door. "Hey, Mom. Can you help me?"

"With what?" she asked.

"I was trying to wrap Annabeth's gift, and it isn't going well."

"Ooh, Annabeth's gift," Mom repeated. "When are you going to tell me what it is?"

"You'll get to find out with Annabeth," I said. "You might accidentally snitch."

"Percy Jackson, I think I, your mother, have the right to know what you spent over two hundred dollars on."

I blushed. "I - um...Mom, you can't just..."

She nodded. "Alright, let's go to the kitchen."

Mom sat beside me at the table and instructed me. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. Of course, it would have looked much better if she had done it herself, but we agreed it would mean more to Annabeth if I did it myself.

"Nice work, Perce."

"Thanks." I glanced at the clock on the oven. "Annabeth will be here soon. Should I get something for us to eat, or what?"

"What are you two planning on doing?"

"We're going to do a tour sort of thing of all of the important places that things have happened at. First the park, then her old neighborhood, the beach, the old candy shop, the pizza place, and a lot more."

"Knowing you two, you'll definitely grab something at the pizza parlor," Mom pointed out. "You should be all set."

"Okay, let me just - "

There was a knock on the door, interrupting me. I rushed over and opened it up. Annabeth stood, holding a large gift bag, with a larger smile gracing her face.

I embraced her in a hug. "Hey, Annabeth."

"Hi, Percy."

"Come in," I said, opening the door wider. She stepped inside and we both went to my bedroom. We passed my parents' open bedroom, where Mom was sitting on her bed, organizing paperwork.