FUN BONUS CHAPTER

I have read so many comments saying they wanted a chapter about the future so, like the good friend I am, I GIVE YOU A CHAPTER ON THE FUTURE! Ya'll know I will never stop writing this story one way or another hahaha who are we kidding when I say I am done;) ALSO, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Nate takes forever as I wait for him at the top of the stairs.

"Let's go, slowpoke! I only have a few more hours until I have to catch my flight." I spin around and lean against the railing to look sweetly down at him. I can't help but grin as he huffs and puffs, taking one step after the other.

"What have you been doing at that Ivy League of yours? Track?" Nate shakes his head and laughs at himself as he makes it to me.

"I've actually taken up rowing," I tell him with a smile. I flex my newly toned arms before wrapping them around his neck, enjoying the superiority of being one step higher than him.

"Look at you," Nate praises with a crooked grin that makes me lean into him further. "My very own Kate Middleton."

My laugher echos off the concrete walls of Nate's dorm building. I lean down and kiss him soundly on the mouth. He sighs into it which makes me feel light and content.

"Thanks again for staying up late to watch the royal wedding with me." I pull back and look into his eyes. The warm color of them reflects off the yellow lighting in the hallway.

"It really wasn't that bad," Nate confesses, though I know he is lying. He bit his tongue through most of the live feed but I could feel his steady breathing sprinkle across my collarbone as he dozed a few times.

To make up for him falling asleep, though I told him multiple times I didn't care that he had, he snuck me down to the dining hall to steal two ice cream cups in the back. Apparently he is well acquainted with the dining supervisor.

He had joked a few times that she was his only friend here which had worried me at first but that had also been a lighthearted lie. Everywhere we had turned the last few days, people greeted Nate with smiles and waves. He had come rather popular considering he is the first in his year to construct a new outer shell of aluminum to help with take offs on a rocketship.

I kiss him again, tasting the strawberry ice cream on his tongue as he begins to laugh. I pull back and look at him questionably.

"Sorry, it's just--" he chuckles and throws his head back in an alluring way that allows me to see the sharpness of his jawline. "Did you see the girls wearing those veils beside us?" Nate throws his head back again in remembrance of the group of girls that also gathered in the student lounge. "Some even had 'I heart Prince Harry' t-shirts on."

I join in his laughter but only for a moment because I'm still too enamored by my boyfriend of two years as his face lights up with laughter.

We had made it through the first year of being not with each other every second of every day. It had been hard, it still is, but it just made seeing him that much more special. My heart was already fond of him, but now, the saying 'distance makes the heart grow fonder' very much lived up to its name.

It bursts with joy whenever his name pops up on my phone or we make the time to see each other. We still see each other as much as we can, him coming up to New Hampshire when he has a free weekend, and same for me vice versa.

My favorite times were when we had christmas break or Spring break because that's when we got to go home to neutral ground and things felt like the old days where we were just two love sick high schoolers battling the odds.

But things were still good. Great, even. Nate is my one and only and I am his.

"Did you see her start crying when they said their I do's?" I pipe in with a small smile, remembering the poor girl, along with her friends, sobbing at the sight of a fairytale.