7

(Cover by rheaMatthew )

[Chapter seven]

-Winnie-

"—I say Medusa's leg hairs were tiny snakes." Flynn announces, taking a sip off his coke.

"I second that." I raise my hand slightly from my seat next to Flynn, Kamri across from me and Adonis next to her.

I was going to sit next to Adonis, but he had quickly grabbed the closest person to him -which happened to be my rainbow friend- and pulled her down in the seat saying—and I quote, "l don't want to sit next to Loca's annoying ass."

"No way," Adonis starts. "What's the point of having snakes as leg hairs if they can't turn anyone to stone because they're stuffed in your pants?"

"Right?" Kamri points at him in agreement.

"what the f—they didn't even have pants back in those days!" I argue, narrowing my eyes at Adonis and his dumbass logic. "They wore togas, oh-smart-one."

"I failed History, okay!" He defends childishly. "And if they wore togas, wouldn't they know that Medusa had tiny snakes for leg hairs?"

I raise an eyebrow at his childish behaviour. First the whining and now this.

I bet fifty bucks this guy is a softy underneath.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, Pablorina.

"No. What do you think, Kamri?" I huff when she doesn't answer. "Kam?"

I pout when she doesn't say anything before turning my head to look at her and find her staring at something to the side, a slightly dazed look on her face.

I follow her gaze to see a really short, curvy girl standing in line at McDonald's. She has long, light brown hair that ends slightly below her elbows, light blue eyes, and pale, creamy skin. And when I say short, I mean short. She must be 4'11 at the most, which compared to Kamri's 5'5, is pretty short.

I lightly kick Kamri under the table, making her turn her attention to me.

I grin at her. "She's cute, dude."

"She is." Kamri looks back at her. The girl gets her food and turns around, catching Kamri's eye. She gives her a soft smile, making Kamri's cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

Adonis glances at the girl before shrugging and turning back to us, taking a sip of his drink, but Flynn whips his head around, desperate to see the girl. "I want to see who the hell managed to make Kamri blush!"

I point her out to him. "Cute, right?"

Flynn nods. "Kam, go talk to her."

"I don't even know if she likes girls." Kamri finds an excuse.

"She's been staring at you for the past five minutes." I state.

Kamri shakes her head. "I may be confident, but you and I both know I suck at flirting."

Flynn purses his lips. "You're right. Out of all of us, Winnie's the smoothest."

"I am, aren't I?" I perk up before standing up. "Come on, Kam."

"No, Winnie—" Kamri starts protesting but I walk over to the girl's table, where she is sitting alone, and slide in the seat across from her.