Page 2 : Trimmed wings

She sits obediently at the dining table, not touching her food even with the tip of her cutlery. She's upset, her thoughts are a mess, she knows that it bothers him, she knows exactly what his next order will be.

"Aori." The red headed lad growls from the opposite edge of the table, furrowing his eyebrows together. His death glare runs through her skin and down her spine, making her clench her fist until her knuckles turn white.

"That is my name." She chirps guiltily. She knows she ought to eat, to live on and grow up to be a woman comparable to Akashi's late mother. It has now become the purpose of her life, in Akashi's hands, that is her only fate.

Aori has thought many times of committing stupid things, somewhere in the abandoned corner of her mind she kept an idea of severing her life once and for all, so it didn't belong to Seijuurou anymore, but she promised to live, she promised her mother to come back home.

The boy sighs, his features softening as he puts the cutlery down beside his plate and wipes his mouth with a napkin. His hetero oculars freeze to Aori's, unblinking, speaking more than he ever could through his mouth. The inky-haired girl turns her head away, unwilling to read into those hostile, ice-cold eyes of the one who's keeping her shut inside the mansion.

"Eat." Says the boy plainly, crossing his arms over his chest. His influence on Aori is far beyond that of his servant's or even his father, the reason is her being commanded not to obey anyone but her only emperor. He kept her on a short leash, always close to him, yet so far. He didn't desire to know anything about Mizuru Aori, he wished to hear neither about her goals and dreams, nor anything at all emitting from her throat. Never once has he asked her a question about herself, about her past or her family. In return, Aori never asked him anything back.

"I don't feel like eating." Is something she is dying to reply with, but something is pressing down her tongue, not allowing her to pronounce those words. She crumples the fold on her skirt, gritting her teeth as her knees start shaking. She hesitantly reaches for the shiny fork and holds it tight in her hand before scooping up some of the food.

"Akashi, I.." She's trying to say, but is immediately shushed by him. He puts his finger on his lips, his gesture meaning that talking was no longer required. She was ordered to eat, not - blabber. Her purple eyes are once again stuck to the dish, not daring to look up at her master. She can't bear with the shame of having been motioned to shut her speaker by no other than Akashi Seijuurou.

Disobedience was a bliss, she could only dwell on those tiny bits of freedom. That was the barely-existent liberty of Mizuru Aori, an angel with trimmed wings.

The night falls, but scurry's still present within the thick walls of the Akashi household. Servants are rushing around the hallways while Aori is locked inside her room. All alone, again, she finds it odd how she has the status of Akashi Seijuurou's personal servant, yet, she does nothing similar to what servants do for their masters. She's like a life-sized doll created for Seijuurou's entertainment, his eye candy, something he's allowed to carry around and touch, but never cross the line, she, in the end, is someone who resembles his mother the most.

Nothing has ever made Aori feel better than a cool shower in the middle of the night. There is no furniture in her bedroom at all, nothing where she may hold weaponry or anything that may harm her. They know she might go this far, they look three steps ahead, always aware of what is on her mind. However, never did they visualize her planning an escape right now. While she's sitting on the floor, waiting for someone to bring in the towels she asked for, inside her head is growing a scheme, and a tiny spark of hope which is still too startled to ignite.

Tonight, for sure, she's going to do it. She's going to leave the mansion and get away. Far, far away from the difficult child Akashi Seijuurou is. She will prove him that her life belongs to her and her only.

"Akashi-sama says you ought to go to sleep as soon as you're done showering." Declares the man with a thick mustache, bowing courtly to the little miss.

"I can't sleep in the tub." The girl scoffs, her lips curve a small smile.

The man clicks his tongue in irritation, blood vessels become visible on his bony hands. "What if Akashi-sama hears this?! You've been not told to talk back!" That's another thing Aori finds unbearable in the mansion, she's being treated like a dog by all the other servants of Akashi. They look down upon her, they feed hatred to her because she's so dear to their master. No servant would ever wish to work for another servant, but they're bound to, because that's what their master's order stands for. His word is absolute. Everyone knows this.

Hushed and alarmed, Aori quietens, bowing to the man before taking the towels to the shower. She looks up at the small camera in the corner of the shower. It is there for a reason, to keep an eye on her in the room where there is a mirror. Once she breaks it, the shards may become her saviour.

The cyber eye can only see the door and the sink, the tub is out of its vision in order not to cause discomfort to the girl while she's purifying her body and mind under the warm shower.

She strips out of her attire. She knows that once she's inside the shower, she has approximately five minutes until the guardian starts watching over her again. He's the kind of a man who gives opposite gender the freedom to have their privacy at least in the bathroom, not that Akashi would allow otherwise.

The translucent droplets start drumming on Aori's skin. She stands still for a couple of seconds, counting down from twenty to zero before she can start moving. "Three, two, one, zero." She says inside her head and swiftly jumps out of the tub towards the window. Across from the window is the camera, the tiny green light on which is dimmed, meaning that it's temporarily off. She unlocked the window shutters the day before to manage to escape, if she had not, shutter's would have given off a signal, Akashi would have already known about the window being open and she would have been caught right away.

She drapes her clothes over her body and quickly climbs out of the window. Her room is on the second floor of the mansion. Beneath the window is the garden, stretching beautifully in five hundred meters. She breathes heavily as she looks down at her feet, she can see the apple tree beckoning her to hop on.

She's afraid to make noise, afraid to be caught when she's so close to her escape. She pools up all of her courage and pushes herself off the mossy wall, jumping right on the apple tree. Her skin is now bruised and scratched, the branches of the tree are creaking loudly and some of the fruit plop down the ground, causing a certain ruckus.

"What was that?" A voice pries. Mizuru sees the silhouettes of butlers through the closed windows of the house. They close in, peering outside the glass and then shrink in the distance, already on their way to usher Aori back inside.

She squints her eyes in fear, the adrenaline rushing through her blood forces her limbs to move on their own. She jumps off the branch, safely landing in a bush of flowers. An annoying glimpse of pain is now ringing in her bones, but she dashes away anyway, without turning back, she's running head-first towards the main gate.

.

.

.

A/N. hello! i hope u like this chapter :) i like writing this fan fiction, please support it if u do like it! <3