Chapter 36. Mission-part 2

Elina's POV

I heard the creaky sound of the metal door opening as Ginivieve and a woman--who I suppose is a witch--entered the cell.

The new witch had these bright blonde hair with dark black eyes. Those eyes seems familiar....

It took me less than five seconds to realise, she was actually looking at me and that's why I could see her eyes clearly. She gave me a wide smile making me frown.

The new witch is weird. Maybe she's smiling because she's happy to torture us.

Her gazes skidded to the adjacent cell where Jacob sat and soon her eyes widened with shock as if she had seen a ghost.

"Greetings to both of you." Ginivieve smirked,"Meet Stephanie." She gestured to the witch who was busy staring at Jacob with wide eyes.

"Stephanie." She waved her hand in front of the witch named Stephanie to gain her attention but to no avail.

"I know Jacob is handsome but will you stop staring at him!" That seemed to attract Jacob's attention as he scanned the witch skeptically while Stephanie looked back to Ginivieve muttering a 'sorry'.

She gave Stephanie a look before walking towards Jacob and leaning to his height.

"You know I came to know something." Ginivieve's index finger skidded down Jacob's face to his neck, "That how you're able to fight me. I wonder what is this." She said next to his ear as her fingers traced the silver chain around his neck.

The next thing I know, Ginivieve was thrown against the farthest wall due to a strong force.

She got up angrily and stormed towards him only to be pushed back with a much stronger force.

"How dare you use her powers against me! Give that damned necklace of that bitch of a wife of your's! " Ginivieve's face was fuming with anger but Jacob refused to comply and I was thankful that he didn't listen to her, "I know I can't hurt you till you have that bitch's necklace but I can hurt Elina, right?"

Suddenly, I was thrown against the wall and I felt as if someone was choking me. Stephanie tried to move towards me but stopped abruptly when Ginivieve sent a questioning look at her. I was gasping as minutes passed. My eyes felt hazy and blurry.

"Stop it, Ginivieve! You're going to kill her!" Jacob tried to use his powers but that only made Ginivieve increase her assault on me.

"Fine. I will give you the chain!" He said as the hold on me loosened and I fell to the ground.

Smirking to herself, Ginivieve made her way to Jacob and opened her palm for him to place the chain on her hand.

No. No. No. Ginivieve can't have that chain!

Jacob had mentioned that It was a gift from Claire to him. At first, he didn't know why the chain was so precious to Claire but still he had cherished it. When Ginivieve had tried to kill Jacob, the powers in the chain had saved him. It was then that he came to know that the chain contained half of Claire's powers and she had given half of her powers to him through the chain to keep him protected.

I know how precious the chain is for Jacob. At the same time, I also know how powerful Claire actually is and if Claire's powers goes in the hands of Ginivieve, she will use it for herself and become more powerful and evil.

"Don't give her the chain, Jacob. Let her hurt me." My voice came out too late as Ginivieve already had the chain cluthched in her hand firmly.

She looked at me with an irked expression, "You're supporting him when his wife's brother is the one who killed your parents."

"Evan didn't kill them! How dare you lie to me?!" I screamed at her.

A look of surprise crossed Ginivieve's face as she came to stand in front of me, "So you came to know, huh? That your so-called brother dearest, Stephan, killed your parents." She said and from the corner of my eyes I saw the witch, Stephanie, stumble and hold the wall for support.

Something is really weird about the witch.

"Though, I wonder how you came to know. As far as I know Evan, he would never in his dream let his brother be blamed. That's one of the reason I blamed him so that you hate him and then I can take his dark powers when he goes insane. My bad. It didn't happen. Well, then who said to you about it?" She placed her finger on her chin dramatically as if reconsidering her thoughts.

"How do you know about it in the first place?" I snapped at her dodging her question.

Her face broke into a laughing fit, "How do I know about it? Are you kidding me?" She laughed even more before composing herself to speak further, "Well, let me tell you little secret, sweatheart, about why Stephen or should I say why I used my voodoo on Stephan to kill your pathetic parents."

My breath caught in my throat as I took in her words. I had the feeling all along that Stephen didn't kill my parents. And now, it's confirmed.

It was never Stephen. It was Ginivieve all along. She used her vodoo on Stephen to kill my parents. He didn't even know what he was doing.

Ginivieve killed my parents.

But why?

________

I'll try my best to update on Monday. If not possible, I will update on Wednesday.

Till then,
Goodbye.
Have a nice day:)