seventeen

double update cause i'm nice and y'all better appreciate it with votes and comments cause
i'm a clout chaser😤😎

mackenzie walked into the diner along side annie and maddie, trailing behind hayden. she was nervous. very nervous. but also incredibly excited for food that wasn't from mcdonald's or the plane.

"try look a little excited." annie smirked as she nudged kenzie, snapping her out of her thoughts. maddie laughing from bedside the two.

"i am! just tired..." mackenzie tried to play off as she laughed, rubbing the back of her neck. before annie could scoff and accuse kenzie of bullshitting - hayden spoke up.

"there they are!" hayden grinned as he spotted his friends, matt, joey and johnny all sitting in a booth. hayden was surprised he was the last one here.

kenzie swore she felt her breath hitch in her throat. johnny looked fucking perfect. she can't face him. she wouldn't be able to talk to him. why'd she have to be so blunt and confident over text?

"what the fuck? you did not tell me they were hot!" maddie whispered yelled with wide eyes, suddenly her attitude becoming like her sisters as she nudged mackenzie many times.

"they're really just a bunch of dumbasses." annie hummed as they trailed behind hayden - annie was used to being in the company of the guys. she didn't find them that good looking, only hayden of course.

"mackenzie!" matt yelled with a child like grin as he jumped up from his seat, walking over to the girl and engulfing her in a hug; putting mackenzie slightly at ease.

"hi." mackenzie spoke as she hugged him back, before pulling away with a small giggle. okay so at least matt is the same over text in person.

"hi i'm matt." matt grinned once pulling away from kenzie, introducing himself to the older ziegler.

it was about 2 minuets of introductions and such. mackenzie also gave joey a hug and then hayden started whining about wanting food.

"johnny are you gonna say hello or be an asshole?" annie spoke up as everyone took there seats - kenzie inbetween annie and maddie, opposite johnny. the one person who hadn't spoken to her.

she had a gut feeling he just didn't like her. which made her feel kinda upset but not surprised. what did she expect?

"hi." johnny hummed as he flashed a small yet fake smile at both mackenzie and maddie. maddie was too busy in conversation with matt to notice but kenzie just gave a small smile back.

"so how was the flight?" joey piped up with a small smile, ruffling his hair as his eyes fixed on mackenzie. the girl he couldn't help but be slightly interested in.

"it was good! i mean, i didn't eat any of the food and couldn't sleep but we didn't have any delays or problems." kenzie hummed with a small smile, playing with her fingers as she glanced from joey to in front of her.

johnny was just staring at her.

okay maybe it made sense cause she was talking but his stare was intimidating and she was quick to look back to joey.

"that's good." joey grinned.

"yeah." mackenzie hummed - tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear as she glanced to johnny once more.

she wanted to get a proper look at him, she could already tell he was just as, maybe even more, attractive than he is on social media.

but of course johnny is still looking at her, simply sending her a smirk when they made eye contact once again.

this would be a long summer.

end of chapter 17 — 

a/n: