BONUS: It's Been Six Years... (I'm Listening)

A/N: Warning, mentions of past abuse.

William,

It is clear that Samantha really wants to be with my Quentin. If that is to continue, we must be on cordial standing.

I've spoken with your daughter, and we've come to an agreement. I agree to attend the dinner in a few days. Although I don't really know what to expect of it, or if you, I've come to realize I haven't left the door open for much of anything to be settled.

I look forward to letting the past stay there,

L. McCrowley
-

William

My eyes were closed and I felt something press against my wrists, then my ankles. What's going on?

"Aw, look who's waking up," Anna's voice waded through the darkness of my mind.

"What happened," I heard myself say. "Why am I tied up? Why can't I see?"

"I used a spell to shut those darling eyelids of yours. Your gaze can't wonder if you can't open your eyes, now can it?" Anna ran a finger along the side of my face.

"What? Anna, this isn't funny. Let me go."

"You know what is funny? How you could ever be attracted to something as vile as another male. Or a woman of another shift. Don't you care about your bloodline? You want to bastardize this nation like those friends of yours in Natus," she sneered. "No, you have to be taught a lesson."

I began fighting my restraints. Anna has gone insane. Then came the first slice. I let out a hiss.

"Anna, please," I begged. "I can get you help. Just let me go. I'm even willing to pardon the bodily harm."

"Your voice is becoming annoying." She gagged me, then continued her torture, reveling in my screams for what felt like hours.

I felt her straddle my bloodied chest, groaning at the pressure on my wounds. Suddenly light flooded my vision. I looked up and my breath caught. In Anna's place was Avon. To my horror, I watched as he raised the dagger above my heart before plunging it through.

-

I woke up, gasping for air. The room seemed to spin, and I felt nauseous. I grabbed the empty wine bucket by my bedside and wretched.

It was like my body was trying to leave everything unpleasant in that bucket, and there wasn't much more I could do than let it happen.

"Dad-"

I heard footsteps run to me, and felt two hands on my back, rubbing soothing circles into it, as I finished puking. I let out a shutter as I pushed it away, and Jade handed me water. I swished it around in my mouth, spitting into the bucket until the taste of bile was mostly gone. Samantha gave me a wet towel to clean up and I thanked her.

"Papa, are you sure you'll be fine traveling back home by yourself tomorrow," Jade asked.

"I can handle myself, just fine," I reassured her, swinging my legs off the bed. I rubbed at my wrists, and Sammy took my hands in hers.

"You haven't had a nightmare about her in years, Papa," she said. "You shouldn't be alone right now. Not in this state."

"You'd be in a dark state of mind alone. I won't allow you to go back to Anicia just to drink it down with Uncle Gregory and Judas," Jade said firmly. "Sam's right. One of us should go back with you. Or you stay an extra few days. What happened?"