The Fight

Jacob.

Last night had been rough. The cold came in just like the bloodsucker had said, and it left Bella nearly frozen. I had left her with the girl and Edward, against better judgement, to join the oncoming fight. As I ran I could hear the thoughts of my pack. Their anxiety was practically my own and I guessed the fight was about to begin.

I entered the field from the South and took my place next to Sam. He bowed his head at me and turned his attention to the East. I knew they were coming. My head perked up when I saw the small one whip her head up towards her family.

"They're here," she whispered.

Nearly twenty people broke through the treeline then. Sams deep voice echoed through my head.

"Wait."

I heard the others echo his command back and forth. I kept my eyes on Alice. The large group examined the trees around us before one of them let out a loud scream. Suddenly, they were running towards us. Alice nodded once, much too quick for any human eye to catch, and I charged.

It was a blur after that. People were being thrown across the field and being ripped apart. I charged one of the bigger ones and nearly grabbed him by the arm before he lunged at me.

Then he was gone.

I watched in amazement as Alice tackled the man and the leader of their clan ripped his head from his body. I shook my head and finished the man off as they took off to help the others.

The next few minutes were filled with agonizing screams and the lighting of several fires. It was getting harder and harder to concentrate and then I heard it.

"Carlisle, somethings changed," Alice was frozen in place as the others continued tossing body parts into the flames.

I watched in confusion as her eyes shot open and Carlisle ran to her.

"She's figured it out," her voice shook, "She's going to find them."

I looked to Sam before turning to go to Bella. Victoria had figured out our plan. She was never going to come here. This was all a distraction. I began running but it was too late. I hadn't seen the girl until it was too late. I felt her collide with my side - hard. I yelped in pain and tried to shimmy out of her grip. I saw her eyes, bloody red, as she squeezed me between her arms. I felt something in me crack before the girl was ripped away from me. I felt my body growing smaller. I was shifting back. I tried to call out to my pack.

"Seth. Bella. Hurry."

Everything went black.

Seth.

I watched in horror as the girl hugged Jacob, and heard the sickening crack of his bones - probably ribs, and lots of them. I heard Jacobs plea echo in my head and I let out a loud howl. It wasn't hard to find Jacobs trail, and I worried if that's how she had figured it out in the first place. Jake would beat himself up even more if he knew it was his fault Bella was in danger.

I pushed myself harder as I neared the cliffs. Snow covered the ground up here and I understood why I hadn't heard from Jacob last night. He had been in his human form, probably to keep Bella warm. I slowed down the closer I got, so not to give away my position if they were there.

Sure enough, I saw wild red hair hiding in the trees. I nearly changed course to go after her, but then I saw him.

A boy, no older than the younger Cullens, was hunched in front of Edward, who was stood protecting Bella. I made my way up the cliff side and dug my paws into the snow. I let out a loud howl before pouncing on the man.

Marceline.

He came out of nowhere. I knew once Jacob left the fight would start soon, very soon. I saw the smoke from the fires not long after and I assumed it was over - until he showed up.

He was smaller than Edward, but his eyes told me he was one of the newborns. He had scruffy blonde hair and his clothes were...wet?

I immediately jumped in front of Bella and braced myself. Edward looked just as surprised as I felt. I hadn't smelled anything out of the ordinary - let alone one of them. The water must have masked it.

"Who are you?" I hissed.

He only smiled and walked towards us, staring at Bella.

"Riley I wouldn't do that if I were you," Edward's calm voice spoke from the side of him.

The man, Riley, whipped his head around to look at Edward.

It all happened so fast after that.

One of the wolves pounced on him, knocking him into the rocks. He was one of the smaller ones and I heard Bella call out to him, frightened.

"Seth, be careful."

I watched as the two wrestled and I backed up to pull Bella away from the fight when I heard Edward yell into the trees.

"When are you going to get another chance like this, Victoria?"