-Epilogue-

~Almost three years later~

"Malichi! Amber! What have I told you about teasing Zuzu?" I call from my spot in the living room floor, not even having to open my eyes and break my meditation to know my little ones are getting in trouble again, considering my familiar is curling up next to me in an attempt to hide.

"To not mess with him while he's napping..." My sons voice answers, and I open my eyes to see both of my pups in front of me, a guilty look on both their faces. I can't be upset though, they both are too curious for their own good...especially my oldest Malichi. He can't keep his nose out of anything, and where he goes, little Amber follows.

Malichi has inherited the blond and purple hair in the family, for his blond spiky locks are filled with strands of my purple...and his blue eyes have his father's steel undertones. Which is why mom always says he looks like me with Butch's eyes...and I can't argue with that, though I do sense that he'll look more like his daddy when he's older.

Amber however already looks like him, though her dark brown hair has developed reddish orange tips, her eyes are exactly the same color as his...molten steel. She's already started having episodes of accidental magic, which at a year and a half is pretty young...then again I was about that age when mine started, and I've had to make sure that anything she plays with...or that she comes in contact with, is fire proof because of it. I learned that from when my brother Alec was little...goddess knows our carpet had scorch marks.

"Apologize to Zuzu then." I murmur, and they both peek over my knee to see him looking back at them.

"Sorry Zuzu..." They say at the same time, and after a moment he raises his head up to boop both of them on the nose before slithering back to his spot in the sunshine.

"We're sorry mommy..." Malichi mumbles, and I sigh with a smile as I pull the nearly three year old boy into my lap. Which is quite a feat considering how little there is left for him to sit on, my pregnant belly takes up most of the space these days.

"Come here munchkin." I call towards Amber, and she quickly scrambles onto my opposite knee.

"You just have to remember that animals are  like humans, they don't like to be bothered when they're sleeping...and some are very grumpy unlike Zuzu. I know neither of you like it when you're woken up from your naps." I explain softly, and they nod.

"Just let him rest, he'll happily play with you when he wants."

"Okay."

"Now, go back to playing. I'll be making you a snack in a little bit."

I chuckle and close my eyes as I hear little feet run off, only to open them again when I feel a little hand tug on my shirt. I'm not surprised to see Malichi looking up at me, he's occasionally been joining me in my mediation sessions...he's much better at keeping still than I expected, though I can't say the same for my wild child of a daughter.

"What is it Mali? You want to sit with me baby?" I ask, and he shakes his head no before placing a hand on my stomach.

"Are they gonna be little brothers or little sisters mommy?" He asks curiously, and I smile.

"There is a good chance they're both sweetheart, we won't know until they are born." I answer, for I'm not just carrying one, or two...but three babies! To say this came as a shock is an understatement, especially considering that both Malichi and Amber were single births. After find out that this will bring our total to five instead of three, I explained very thoroughly to Butch that after this we are always using protection...always. No exceptions. I love my little ones, but I'm not risking getting pregnant with multiples again...five pups is plenty.