Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't You Understand, Norah?

"L-Landon?" I stuttered, as his face turned red. He kept clenching and unclenching his jaw, same with his fist. His knuckles were turning white, and he had a livid expression on his face.

"Let me borrow Norah for a second?" He growled at my brothers. They were about to say something when I said it.

"Yeah, we can talk," I muttered. With that, he dragged me along, all the way outside. Until we got to the parking lot, there were some stairs that led to downstairs.

"Why did you do this to me, Norah?" He asked, more like growling.

"H-huh, what are you talking about--?"

"Norah!" He exclaimed suddenly, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him.

"You kept it a secret," he said, his chest heaving up and down, as I got a stench of the minty cool breath he has. "You kept this whole thing a secret. The Carries Brothers, are your stepbrothers?"

"L-Landon, I know, I did keep it a secret, but I don't get why you're so mad--,"

"You don't understand, Norah, do you?" He yelled. "I was scared!"

"S-scared?"

"Yes," he said, calming down a little, "I-I was scared that you actually did sleep with them, that you were dating one of them. That's why."

I furrowed my eyes.

"I like you, Norah," he said quietly, "fuck, Norah, I love you!"

"The reason why I didn't tell you," he continued as I stood there shocked, "was because I don't want to be a cliche. This is so damn cliche! But, this isn't cliche, because, after this, I need to let you go."

Tears ran down my cheeks. After all this, Landon liked me? I can't believe this is happening. What does he mean by letting me go?

"You told the other three before me?" He said, looking at me with pain in his eyes, "We're drifting apart Norah, don't you that?"

My heart raced, it ached for him. "You should have told me, Landon."

"I didn't," he said, a tear running down his cheek, "because now, you probably think I'm pathetic. Pathetic for falling in love with my best friend. Norah, you're supposed to be my best friend, not my fucking lover!"

"Goodbye Norah," he suddenly said, leaving me alone. Tears continuously ran down my cheeks, never coming to a stop.

After all these years, I betrayed Landon. The guy who was with me forever, ever since we first learned how to walk. He was scared, miserable. I gave him so much pain and suffering. My heart throbbed just thinking of him. Now, he just left. He didn't want to be a cliche, he couldn't help but like me. Even if we do talk, it's going to be so awkward, he just confessed his love for me, how could we ever talk again? I betrayed him, I feel so ashamed. He doesn't even deserve this, he deserves so much better.

That's why he left me.

So, I ran. I ran after him. Once I got close enough. "Landon!"

"What is it--?"

I grabbed his hand and spun him around. He furrowed his eyebrows, as I pulled him in close until our lips were touching. He growled and placed both his hands on either side of my face and pulled me closer than before. That's when he let go.

"You deserve better," I told him, my heart beating out of my chest, "I'm so sorry! You should go, but remember Landon, and don't you dare forget this--,"

"Don't say it, Norah," he growled. He turned around and walked away. Walked away from the parking lot, the wedding, and my life. I couldn't even get to say...