Ch. 21

Chapter 21

Angelo.

"I'm gonna kill him" Evan shouted, hurrying to go after Jacob since the latter had quickly run away. His friend held him back and pushed Evan to the bed so he was sitting beside me.

"I don't even know what he saw in that guy. Did you hear how he spoke  to him?" he asked his friend. "Did you hear how he spoke to you? For fucks sake! What was he doing here? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" he asked me, placing his hand on my shoulders and turning me around to face him so he could check for any injuries.

I shook my head, wiping the tears that flowed down my cheeks with the back of my hand. I couldn't believe it. Jacob had tried to use me for my abilities. And I had none. Yes, I could see better than the average human, I could smell better or whatever but I had no wolf. That was just as close as I came to being a werewolf.

I was already feeling bad enough. I didn't need Evan to tell me that.

Oh my God! What if he wanted to do something to do something to my family? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to my family.

"Hey, it's okay, you're alright" I heard a soothing voice say.

I looked up to see Evans's friend looking up at me with brown eyes. I guess he was in control now. He was squatting in front of me so we could be at eye level.

"He only left because you're a.. because you're an..." I tried saying.

"Because he knew I was going to kick his ass" he cut me off. I was confused.

"But you're.. your eyes.."

"That was just a reflection from the lights" he said as his eyes moved toward Evan who was busily pacing. "Whatever the case, I won't let him near you okay. You have my word." he said to me as he got up. He walked towards the door, ready to leave but he turned back to me. "And you should really call your family sometime" he said and walked out the door.

I was still trying of make sense of what happened. This guy was an Alpha. Only alphas could change their eye colour so willingly and even though I could sense his wolf, I knew he hadn't given up total control. From what I'd seen back at home, normal wolves could only change their eye colour when they turned or when their wolves were in total control. But alphas? They were much stronger.

And I'd lived around werewolves long enough to be able to sense when a wolf took over. It had happened to my brother more times than I can count. The aura that emanated from this man was so strong, I wasn't even shocked that Jacob booted out of the room so fast.

I only wondered why he didn't want me to talk about it.

"Are you okay?" I heard Evan ask. I didn't even realize he was sitting so close to me.

"Yeah, I uh.. I'll be fine. Your friend helped" I answered.

"Yeah, Warren is soft like that" Evan chuckled.

So that was his name then, Warren. Or was it Alpha Warren?

"Me however, can't let that no good fucking piece of shit go just like that" Evan continued, punching his palm as if he was thinking about all the ways he could get rid of Jacob. That actually scared me. Not because of Evan, no. Because I didn't want him to hurt Jacob.

"No, it's okay" I said, grabbing onto his arm.

"It's not okay, he made you cry. I can't let him get way with that" he said.

"Oh?" I chuckled. "And you haven't?"

"Angelo..."

"No. You're leaving him alone okay? Because even after... even after all he said, he was still my friend. I don't care if he hurt me or not. I need to be the bigger man" I told him.

"Yeah, you can go ahead and be the bigger man but I won't. I"m going to rip out his entrails and feed them to him" he seethed, trying to get up but I held him back.

"No. It applies to you too. You've made me cry once, so should I also feed you your entrails?" I rose a brow at him, pursing my lips.

Evan's jaw dropped. Right, that should teach him.

"When... when did I..?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, maybe the time you kissed a certain girl right after kissing me?"

"Oh Angelo" Evan sighed. "I'm very sorry about that but you need to know..."

"It's okay. There's no need to apologize but the least you could have done was tell me you weren't interested in me. I mean, I know you seem like a playboy and all and I don't even know what I was thinking but you could have at least given me a heads up. Then it would have hurt much less" I said, releasing his arm from my grasp and getting up.

"Angelo, I never kissed her".

"Seriously? After everything that happened like two seconds ago, you still want to lie?"

"I'm not lying. It's the truth. She uh.. When we were kissing, it was Warren who knocked. He had my bike keys so he was returning them and after he left, right after, this girl, Vanessa, she came unto me. Yes, I have slept with her before and yeah, she wanted it again but I'm not interested in her" he said, getting up to stand right in front of me.

"I didn't kiss her. She didn't even kiss me. It was a peck on my cheek. You came and she stopped. But even if she did, I wouldn't have kissed her back, I swear".

"Why?" I asked, not even sure I knew what I was asking. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Even sighed and rolled his eyes. He walked away from to stand near the desk. "Because you wouldn't let me. I tried to explain so many times but you didn't even want me near you".

"I'm sorry" I said, nodding. How could I have been such a fool? I shouldn't have run away like that.

"It's okay. To be honest, I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes", he chuckled making me smile.

I nodded and went to sit on my bed. I sighed. This day had been something else. And it wasn't even 8 in the morning. What with me finding out that Jacob was a hunter, who would have thought? And Warren, Evan's friend being an Alpha. That meant there were a lot of werewolves around. I wondered why I hadn't met any. Oh yeah, I masked my scent. I did that so I wouldn't run into any werewolves. I didn't want them to call my family.

Guess I shouldn't have done that because hunters found me instead. But the mask should have worn off by now.

"Angelo" Evan called making me look up at him. "I need to ask..." he brought the chair, turning it around so he could sit on it whiles leaving against it and faced me. His hands were resting on the back of the chair.

I nodded, asking him to go on.

"Why did you ask me to hold you last night?"

I sighed. I knew this would come up sooner or later.

"Because I'm tired of fighting Evan. I just want everything to be normal for once in my life" I said as he looked at me with those wide, intense eyes. "I like you, you know that. And I'm hoping you like me too, because you kinda kissed me?"

He chuckled and nodded. "I like you too Angelo. I really do".

"I just want us to stop fighting and start living".

So... What do y'all think? We're finally getting somewhere right? Lol