𝟏𝟏

-

"It's my last day of the nursing program, and it's honestly been really fun. I'm not sure I want to be a nurse, but it has been an experience I won't forget. And I really think you're a big part of it Chan Hyung." 

"If you don't wake up today, I'll visit you tomorrow. And the next day. I'll visit as much as I can, okay?" Jeongin spoke quietly to Chan as he struggled to keep a focus on the younger.

"Oh! I brought the sixth flower, and I got a vase that actually wasn't a large plastic cup, so it'll look nice when you wake up. Because you will wake up." Jeongin laughed, and it motivated Chan to try to move, try to wake up. But maybe, today wasn't the day.

"So, my day is starting with the Iseul sshi in about five minutes, and I have to head to the right floor, so, I gotta go." Jeongin stood, and began to walk out of the room.

"Did I ever tell you what room number you are?" A silence followed as Jeongin tried to think.

"I guess not. Well, you're in room 661, and you were in room 207 before. Anyways, I'll be back during my lunch break!" 

Chan couldn't seem to tell the passing of time, so he was surprised when he heard Jeongin's voice again.

"Hyung! I'm back. I have about 20 minutes before I go back. I'll eat in here with you, so in case you wake up, I'll be here." Chan could hear Jeongin getting himself settled.

"My family had chicken last night, so I brought some to eat for lunch. I love chicken. I think all of my friends do, honestly. I hope you like chicken so we can eat it together when you wake up!" Jeongin was quiet as he ate, but Chan was glad of the younger's presence. 

"Okay! I'll be back after it's over! And it's a Friday night, so I can stay until the visiting hours are over. I told my Mom I was staying late because of the program, but... that's not really what I'm doing..." Jeongin awkwardly laughed at his own words.

"See you in a bit, Hyung." Chan could feel that he was close to waking up. He was sure of it. 

As the time ticked on this time, Chan couldn't help but feel frustrated. He was frustrated as he lay there, waiting for Jeongin to come back. He was frustrated when his nurse did the usual tests on him and then left without saying a word. No one was there, and he couldn't do anything about it. He couldn't make anyone talk to him, or just sit there. Nothing. 

He felt useless at that moment, trying, and failing, to simply open his eyes. He just wanted to be fully conscious, to be able to see again, and talk again, and run again.

-

"I'm sorry I'm late Chan Hyung! I got a certificate for participating in the program and it was so neat! I didn't really know what was happening, but still!" Jeongin sat down next to Chan and eagerly grabbed the elder's hand.

"Okay. I'm gonna try to get you to wake up. Ready?" Chan was ready to laugh at the younger's childishness, but he had to wake up first. 

"I don't know how to do this. Maybe I should count?" Silence followed.

"Uh.. one!

Two!

Three!" Jeongin paused for a moment, "Well. That didn't work. Maybe I should count down?"

"Three!

Two

One!" Jeongin sighed after a minute of waiting. Chan felt closer to waking up than he ever had before.

"Hyung! I've got it! I just gotta say the magic word, and then you'll wake up!" 

"Abracadabra!" Chan's eyes fluttered open as he stared at the younger's eyes squeezed shut in concentration.

"J-Jeongin?"

-

[end]