Field Trip Home

I sighed softly as I looked down at the permission slip that Ned had given me shortly after Mr. Harrington had announced that we would be going to Stark Tower, for our yearly field trip. At the bell, I put my permission slip away and was getting ready to walk out when Mr. Harrington asked me to stay behind. I shared a look with Ned and he nodded some, letting me know he'd let Happy know that I'd be out in a few minutes.

"You needed something, sir." I said.

"Yes. It's about your internship. I know you've been through a lot these past two years." He said and I slightly stiffened since it had only been a few months after the Snap was reversed. Aunt May and I lived at the tower with Pepper and baby Morgan, since our apartment was destroyed in a fire that started from a riot. Tony, and several of the Avengers sacrified their lives to reverse the Snap and to stop the Mad Titian, Thanos. MJ and Ned, knew this because they were there a lot, since Pepper hired them. MJ worked directly with Pepper while Ned was climbing the ladder in the coding division. I took over Tony's position, since he left me everything. 

"If you don't come clean after the field trip, I'm going to have to suspend you." 

"Sir, I can assure you I am not lying. You'll find out for yourself, when we get to the tower. Have a nice day." I said polietly yet curtly, before I walked out, glad that it was the last period of the day. I quickly got my stuff from my locker, and was heading out when Flash stopped me.

"Hey, man you okay?" He asked. Flash changed after the Snap. He was one of the ones that I ended up finding. He knew that I was Spider-Man, and he knew I worked at the Tower. He stopped making fun of everyone, and we were still on the path of being friends. I was trying to talk to Pepper into hiring him, since Flash was actually really good with anything to do with accounting.

"Mr. Harrington doesn't believe me." 

"He mentioned the event without saying it, to?"

"Ya." I said and he sat a hand on my shoulder. 

"It'll be alright. Call if you need anything, and I'll do my best to tell him that it's true." 

"Ya, thanks man." 

"No problem. See you later, Pete." he said and I smiled some before I headed out. I got into Happy's car, and MJ slipped her hand into mine. 

"You'll be alright. You'll prove him wrong. We all will." She said softly.

"I know. He mentioned it, without mentioning it." I said and she pulled me into a hug, where she and Ned kept assuring me that I wasn't on Titan, dying and that Tony would be proud of me. Happy even pitched in every now and then. By the time we got to the tower, I felt a little bit better. The four of us got out, and headed in, where we waved at everyone we knew, before scanning our cards. 

"Welcome home, Peter, Ned, MJ and Happy. Pepper is currently in a metting that will be over soon. Rhondey is on route to the tower, and should arrive within the next half hour. May is in the common room with Morgan, Natasha, Wanda, Sam, Thor, and Bucky." FRIDAY said. 

"Take us up, please." I said and the elevator shot up, before opening at the common room. 

"Peter, son of Parker and Stark!" Thor said and I smiled some.

"Hey, Thor." I said before the three of us plopped down onto the couch, where I gladly took Morgan from Sam.

"How was school?" Bucky asked.

"Boring as always." MJ said.

"But we have a field trip coming up." Ned said.

"Where?" Aunt May asked.