28. His future

When Liam and I were back together, everything seemed to become so wonderful.

The twins were fine after the trauma, thank god. Flynn recovered from that as well.

And I guess I'm alright too!

Explaining to the university why I wasn't there for a week wasn't that hard if you had a police officer with you after all.

After that tough winter, here came the beautiful spring and, even a slight glimpse of summer!

Whilst playing with the twins on a Saturday afternoon, Teddy threw his first ever proper tantrum, which was kind of funny but nerve wracking.

'Theodore Leonardo, I want you to stop throwing your toys around, share with your brother,' I said to him.

I learnt from Flynn that I shouldn't be calling him Teddy if I was being angry because we wanted him to associate Teddy with only happy things.

He threw his little basketball at Matty, who started crying because of that.

I glared at Teddy, and he understood my 'anger'. He rubbed his little hand on Matty's forehead.

The normally-gentle Matty even pushed his hand away!

Oh no, this turned into their first fight.

They were still stumbling and weren't pushing very strongly, so the whole scene actually looked hilarious.

'Hey sister, are you going to stop them fighting or not?' Liam asked me.

I giggled, 'don't you find it sooo cute? Look how they're arguing with their baby language.'

He sighed and went up to them,'hey handsome boys, I think you should stop now.'

He separated them and picked them both up at the same time.

'See, now they're...'

Teddy let out the biggest fart which made everyone laughed!

'Ewww, Ted...'

Now it was Matty!

These two even had their farts in sync!

'Hey butterfly, do you mind helping me change their nappies?' Liam asked me with the hilarious urgency on his face.

'Haha, sorry, I'm coming now!'

-------------------------------------------------------

'Done,' me and Liam said this at the same time.

We were having a race on who could change nappies the fastest.

'I said it first!' I said.

'Nope, it was definitely me,' Liam didn't give up.

'It was me! Who do you think it was, boys?' I asked the twins, who had completely forgotten about their fight just five minutes ago.

'Me!'Teddy said.

'Fin!' Mateo said.

Aww, this little thing, still couldn't pronounce the L.

The door was open and the twins knew it was Flynn, so they ran out to greet him.

'Fin!' They were literally running to get him.

'Hello sweet peas, come give Flynny a kiss!'

'Flynny, I thought you had a date tonight, didn't you?' I asked him.

And it was even a Saturday afternoon!

He sighed and walked towards the sofa, practically collapsing into it.

'What's wrong Flynny?' I asked him.

He sighed again, and now even Liam had come over.

'I think Luther is cheating on me,' he finally said.

Liam and I both looked at each other at the same time, eyes widened.

'How come? He loves you!' I tried to convince him that it's not the case.

But he started sobbing,'Posy! He's been spending so much lone time without me lately, whenever I ask him where he'd been he'd just switch the subject!'

'Aww, Flynny, I'm sure you two can sort this out together,' I said, 'boys, come hug hug Flynny.'

'Hug, hug, Fin,' they both said.

'Thanks, honeys, but I really don't wanna talk about it anymore,' he said,'what about you two go for a date night while I stay home and hang out with the boys? Would you like that?'

'Yes!'

I looked at Liam and he said,'sure, let's do it!'

-------------------------------------------------------

We had dinner at an Italian restaurant that was not that far away from Liam's apartment, so we even had time to 'Netflix and chill' after dinner.

We were now cuddling in his bed, talking about things at school.

'Mariposa, I've got something to tell you,' Liam said suddenly.

I had a bad feeling about this.

'Yes?' I said.

'Don't worry, it's not something serious.'

'Is it anything to do with something I've done?'

He ran a hand through his messy blonde hair, and slowly said, 'yes, but no at the same time.'

I got really confused and sat up but quickly remembered I was naked.

He laughed and pulled me back into his embrace,'are you trying to distract me now?'

I blushed a bit and aid, 'so what is it?'

He sighed, 'I'm transferring to LSE next school year.'

'WHAT?'

He covered his ears and said,'I'm transferring to LSE next year.'

'Yeah, I heard that! But why? Did they open a new med school there?' Which I knew for sure they didn't.

'Nah, I'm getting a master in economics just in two years,' he tried to sound cheerful, but he failed,'which... sounds like a pretty good deal, haha...'

I caressed his face,'Liam, but why? Aren't you passionate about medicine?'

He held and squeezed my hand, 'yeah, but I had to keep my promise...'

I said, 'what promise?'

He tried to shrug it off and said nothing but I finally made him open up to me completely.

'My dad wouldn't help me save you if I didn't promise to study economics and work at the bank,' he smiled bitterly, 'I'm sorry but I really couldn't save you if it wasn't for him.'

This man sacrificed his future in exchange for me.

What have I done to deserve him?

I kissed him passionately, which he gladly returned. 'Thank you so much,' I whispered.