Chapter 14

Johnny pulled on a brand new clean shirt, after taking a shower. His father, had forced him to leave the hospital. Big Daddy had also been given time to bathe as well as change clothes. Johnny sighed. He looked at the clock. It was getting late again. He sat down before laying back. At that moment nothing had changed. Johnny heard his phone ding before slowly pulling it towards his face. He raised a eyebrow before sighing, his fingers tapped at the screen.

Moments later the young male stood up, before pulling on his jacket and heading out the door. He had slept to much today. He pulled his skateboard out of the garage before heading into town. He stopped in front of the small 24hr restaurant before stepping inside. It didn't take long for him to find who he was looking for.

"Hey what's up?" Johnny questioned and sat down at the table before looking at the female porcupine before him.

"Not much... Just bored. Saw Lance today... He's trying real hard. It's kinda d of annoying. " Ash spoke before two shakes cane to the table.

"I ordered your favorite.. " Ash spoke before digging Into her ice cream. "So will you be coming I to work tomorrow. Gunther has been teaching us the new moves and he's been driving me absolutely nuts" Ash spoke. She was chatting Johnny's ear off, but it was better then silence.

-------------------------------------------------
Big daddy sat in the small room, his hands lightly flipping through the morning news paper. He glanced at the clock. 1:37am. He sighed softly time seemed to stand still. Suddenly a yawn caught his attention. He glanced over before noticing the females body stretch a bit while tired eyes slowly opened.

It took a few minutes before Kahlas eyes adjusted to the dim room. She could see nurses walking around outside her door. She was in the hospital? She closed her eyes once more. She was exhausted. Her eyes shifted around the room before noticing Big Daddy. She went to speak but coughed instead.

Big Daddy alerted a nurse who promptly walked into room. She assisted shifting the female up as well as taking her temperature and blood pressure. She gave her a small sip. "Alright dear. How do you feel?" The nurse questioned, getting a light response.

"Dizzy and exhausted....." Kahlas voice hoarsely said. She laid her head back as the nurse smiled.

"Well you just fought back a temper higher then most adults. We weren't sure you were gonna make it" the nurse spoke before placing a cool towel on Kahlas head. "Rest easy. I'll make sure the girl bring you some jello and liquids" the nurse nodded to Big Daddy before exiting the room.

Big Daddy stepped towards the bed before questioning her. "So. What happened? You had everyone worried sick." Big Daddy softly spoke before Kahla closed her eyes.

"Can you tell me what happened?" She questioned as she listened to him explain what happened and where they found her.

"For seven hours?" Kahla seemed shocked as she inhaled a breath. "You mean... No one came..? " She spoke as she turned her head.

"Yeah. Mr. Moon actually found you with his friend Eddie. Big Daddy spoke before she thought for a moment.

"Is Johnny okay?" She questioned as she adjusted the cloth on her head.

"Yeah yeah he's fine. He spend most of his time here and went home to shower. From what I hear he's gotta go do work at the theater tomorrow. " Bid Daddy chuckled before pulling out his phone. " Want me to call him?"

"No. It's fine. Once I'm all rested You can call him. " Kahla spoke before a few nurses came in. "we are taking Ms. Swingwell to get cleaned up,the prior nurse told us her sheets were damp" Big Daddy stepped away a bit embarrassed by the nurses wording. "Don't worry sir, she will be back soon"

Big Daddy watched the nurses help Kahla into a wheelchair before wheeling her off. He sat back down as another nurse came in to change the sheets. He opened his phone before he placed it to his ear. He had to make a phone call.