30. Odin

Golden gates, a place I had never seen before in my life. Golden buildings and a golden castle. This must be Asgard. People strolling along the streets, they were happy. I never knew Asgard was this magical. 

In front of the castle a huge statue, a man with open arms, wearing antlers, Loki. Why would there be a statue of Loki? Did Odin miss him so much? Did he come around and started loving his troubled son? It really was an odd sight, what did Thor think of it?

In the castle garden, a bunch of Asgardians were watching a play. In the front row, eating grapes and drinking wine was Odin. But there was something wrong about him. A king would never sit the way he did. Maybe he was still not right after what happened to his son. The play being performed showed that Odin, indeed was still mourning the death of his youngest son. The actors were reenacting a party from when he was young. Odin laughed and smiled at how Loki had turned Thor into a frog. It gave me chills. He wasn't acting like the Odin Thor had told me about. He seemed different.

Dark clouds started covering the bright blue sky and lightning started to strike. Was it Thor, arriving home? The god of thunder who controlled lightning. But it wasn't him. From above in the clouds a gloomy, deep voice started speaking. I had heard it before " As long as Odin lives we can't do anything... But one day even the Allfather will perish. And then I can collect the stones."

Fire started coming from the streets and the whole of Asgard was eaten by flames. While the gloomy voice laughed.

I starteled awake in panic. My power came from one of those stones. What if he could control them and by that control Wanda and I? Vision wouldn't let that happen would he?

" Dad!" I yelled looking for him throughout the house. He wasn't in his room and he wasn't in the kitchen, the lab it was. I ran down the stairs and typed in the code to open the door. But it didn't open, I was locked out. 

I banged on the glass door grabbing dad's attention. He looked confused to why I was down there at 4 am in the morning, banging on his door. At first he didn't want to let me in, he shook his head and went back to his suit. 

" Dad! Please, it's the visions, they're back!" When he heard that he couldn't open the door any faster. He knew I didn't fool around when it came to them. He sat me down in one of the seats and tried to calm me down. My breath was still hitched and I tried to calm myself down. 

" Odette, breathe, your eyes are still bright." Dad tried But I couldn't. 

" Music... put on some music." I said needing a song to calm me down. Dad rushed to his computer and put on Hello by Lionel Richie. When I was little it was one of the songs he put on to help me fall asleep. 

After about a minute I was calmed down and I was breathing normally again. They had never affected me as much as this one had, even though the throne room was scarier than this one. 

" What did you see pumpkin?" he asked stroking my hair. 

" I saw Asgard, and Odin... He was acting weird. There were these dark clouds and, his voice... The one from the throne room." 

Dad looked confused." What does Odin have to do with all of this?" dad asked himself and me. 

" If Odin dies, he'll be able to collect all the stones. The nine realms will be in chaos with no one to protect them. If Odin dies, the end game starts." 

He looked worried, and I knew why. It was what we had been dreading ever since New York. It had been in his head for over 4 years, hunting him. 

" But Odin was alive right? In the Vision." He asked. 

I nodded " But he acted weird, we need to find a way to contact Thor, he will know what to do." 

He nodded. " Now, you go back to sleep. I'll try to contact Thor, you don't have to worry about it, okay?" 

" Okay." I said and walked back to my room.

I hadn't told him about the flames indulging Asgard. I had read something about it somewhere while researching Norse mythology. The first time I found out about the whole New Mexico thing, I had raided the internet about everything I could find. Phil didn't really wanna tell me, it was classified information. But, because he needed to spend a whole day with me, testing me for the Avenger initiative, I asked him so much about it he just told me. You should have seen my face when he told me Thor was real. If memes had been a thing back then, my reaction would have been one. So I started browsing through google again and found the wikipedia page of Ragnarok.

In Norse mythology, Ragnarök or Ragnarok means "the fate of the ruling powers, but this was historically reduced to the meaning of "destruction of the gods (and the world)". It would take place in the form of a final battle between unleashed giants and gods, where the fire giant Surtur puts the fire on the fuse and destroys almost everything with his flaming sword. Before that, most gods, giants and monsters have already died in this cosmic battle.
But Ragnarok is both an end point and a starting point. After the battle, the world will be plagued by natural disasters and eventually disappear into the sea, after which the world will come fresh and green above the waves again. The gods will be reborn and the world will be repopulated by two surviving people.

So, like Noah and the arc, but then with the norse gods. The flames in my vision must have been caused by Surtur. 

What if Odin would die in Ragnarok? With him and all Asgardians gone there would be chaos in the realms indeed. He could start collecting the stones. But what if he did? Wanda and I's powers came from a stone, would he be able to control us? Would he be able to take away our powers? But I stopped myself from thinking about it, Vision would never let that happen. He was too good to give up his stone, and he would never hurt Wanda or I.