1.3

Bai Mengxiang held a cup of tea, softly sipping from it as he softly caressed his stomach. 

Pregnancy.....proved to be something quite exhausting. He didn't know how women went through something like this. He admired all who went through something like this. Like, seriously, how'd you do it?

It hasn't even been five months and he was already so tired from everything, he felt like he might be slipping up on his act.

Today was the Empress Dowager's birthday, another week had pass by. In his memories, the Empress Dowager loved Bai Mengxiang. When Bai Mengxiang was sentenced to death, the Empress Dowager had been quite upset about it, and retreated from the public's eyes for ten years before resurfacing again.

A knock from the door made him stop touching his stomach, and instead, he put his hand on top of the table, now fiddling with a hairpin.

"Imperial Noble Consort, the Empress Dowager's birthday banquet is about to begin, Xiao Lan will get you ready now." Xiao Lan pulled Bai Mengxiang to sit on top of the chair, and she carefully put his hair up into a bun with half of his hair still free. Then she added some flower pins into his hair. After that, she grabbed a light blue robe with a white lily on it, and dressed Bai Mengxiang in it.

One thing Bai Mengxiang has to say is that the original was obsessed with flowers. Almost every single one of his clothing had flowers on it, and most of his jewelry were decorated with flowers too.

When Bai Mengxiang got up, his body almost fell down from the weight of all his clothing. Ancient clothings really felt like wearing layers of coats and jackets.

Xiao Lan carefully led him, with one of his hand on top of hers, as they entered the crowded hall.

The hall was more festive, decorated with red everywhere, and many nobles sat down. Only a few of the Xu Yongheng's concubines were invited.

Bai Mengxiang appeared all dignified, and with his beauty, it felt like some type of light was glowing from him. The eyes of everyone in the room drifted towards him, lamenting in their hearts that this man belonged to the Emperor.

As Bai Mengxiang arrived, he was welcomed by the Empress Dowager warmly.

"Mengxiang, you have finally come. Come, come here and mother see you closely." The Empress Dowager said as she beckoned for him.

Bai Mengxiang put on a beautiful, dazzling smile and walked towards the Empress Dowager, pulling Xiao Lan along with him towards the Empress Dowager.

"Imperial Mother, I apologize for taking so long." Bai Mengxiang said this sentence after he bowed towards the Empress Dowager, Xu Yongheng, and Mei Lin.

"Don't worry. You are not late at all. Mother has certainly miss seeing your face around. What have you been doing during this time?" The Empress Dowager said, a maid pulling up a chair for Bai Mengxiang.

Bai Mengxiang sat in the chair, and the Empress Dowager gently held his hand.

"I have been feeling unwell for a while now. I was worried that I would pass this onto you and have decided not to come and meet you for the time being. I am sorry for not being able to come visit you." Bai Mengxiang said, his smile not disappearing, as he saw from the corners of his eyes that Shilian had made a flashy entrance.

Shilian appeared dressed in robes that were so clear, you could almost see through it. His clothes were flashy, but his entrance had been overshadowed by Bai Mengxiang's beautiful entrance.

While Bai Mengxiang appeared like a goddess, Shilian appeared like a courtesan, the differences were far too vast.

Shilian gritted his teeth, annoyed by this sort of look he got from those in the rooms. His eyes drifted towards Xu Yongheng, as if he was telling him that these people had wrong him.