7 - Neither have you

Muggles have this expression: time flies when you're having fun. My mum used to say that all the time. When we were on a holiday, or on my birthday. But it's not just that. Time flies when you're cramped with work. And that was me right now.

I followed my planning strictly. Every day I'd read at least twenty pages in the Hogwarts: A History book, I'd do a part of geography every Wednesday and Saturday, I'd read over all the Wizarding Laws every other day and I had Quidditch practice on Monday and Thursday. And then my social self also wanted to spend a bit of time with friends. I also had to handle all the homework we were getting and keep up with my classes for the OWL's at the end of the year. My planning would end at the end of October and Merlin's beard, I was waiting for that day.

Classes, except for Defense Against the Dark Arts, were fun though. I got to pet Buckbeak, a Hippogriff, in Care for Magical Creatures, and professor McGonagall awarded Ravenclaw 10 points because I managed to do a new spell at the first try. Being a nerd kind of has it perks.

One thing that was less fun was Umbridge. The Ministry made her the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts. This resulted in her reforming the entire system. No magic, no jokes, no music, no laughing, no touching, no nothing. I haven't caught detention yet, but I've heard It's absolute hell. Hermione told me that she didn't go easy on Harry when he got his detention. No wonder muggles have such a low view of witches. She's the perfect example.

Malfoy has been different, but kind of not. He's less mean, yet still extremely annoying. Like this one day he used Petrificus Totalus on me, the Body-Lock Curse. Luckily this one girl called Ginny found me after a minute or ten and looked for the counter curse. Malfoy had enjoyed it thoroughly though.

Or this one time when I made his cloak turn pink. I loved that. He didn't though. He was a quick thinker, that guy. He used expelliarmus immediately and wouldn't give my wand back unless I promised to fix his cloak. Obviously I promised, but him in a pink cloak was way too fun, so I sprinted away as soon as he gave me my wand back. This resulted in a full on chase outside until he used the Locomotor Mortis curse and I fell flat on my face. He pushed me up against a tree and made me turn his cloak black again. I couldn't move my legs so I gave in after a while.

"You think you're smart, huh? Apparently not smart enough", he had whispered in my ear.

"Oh, you have no idea what I'm capable of", I said. His eyes were an icy blue colour when outside.

He left me there, but luckily I had my Charms book with me so I could look up the counter curse. His stupid arse didn't take my wand. Maybe he did that on purpose.

Most of the times it was just shouting profanities at each other though. Cho was getting quite annoyed at it, as was Pansy. He might claim that she's not his girlfriend, but Merlin's beard she's clingy. I do not understand how he putsup with her.

Today is no different from usual. I see him walking through the corridor in the opposite direction of me and analyse his moves. We're all alone in the corridor, so I know he isn't planning on holding back. I slowly take my wand, ready to block his charm.

As soon as he walks past, I hear him whisper a spell, so I immediately block it, whatever it is.

"You're too predictable, Malfoy", I say mockingly.

"I can't help it that you can't keep your eyes of me, nerd", he says and looks at me intensely.

Just as I'm about to respond something witty, professor McGonagall's voice blares through the hallway.

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY!"

Draco looks up, scared. "Oh God, she's gonna kill me", he mumbles.

There's a storage closet to our left so I push Draco in and close the door, just as professor McGonagall turns around the corner.

"Y/N, dear, have you seen mr Malfoy by any chance?" she asks, clearly annoyed.

"I'm sorry professor, I haven't", I say, not quite sure why I'm sticking up for that prick.

"Oh well, when you see him, bring him to my office. Hex and drag him if you have to", she says and walks on.

As soon as she's out of sight, I open the closet. Draco looks confused.

"Why didn't you rat me out?" he asks.

"Draco? Oh I have seen him, follow me professor", we hear. It's Filch, as usual.

In panic, I push Draco back into the closet and follow him myself. I close the door and motion him to shut up.

It's dark in the closet, I can just vaguely see his features and realise how close we're standing. Like, really close. My chest is touching his and my hand is resting on his shoulder. As I realise that, I quickly remove it.

"Cozy", he whispers in my ear, which make chills run down my spine.

"Shut up", I whisper.

"McGonagall's class starts in ten minutes, I guess you'll be stuck in here until then", he says smirking.

"I can leave at any moment", I say, glaring at him.

"And then I'd follow you, and what would people think when they see us leaving a tiny closet like this, together", he whispers and God his voice makes me shiver.

A long pause follows, but I can't get a word out.

"So, why didn't you rat me out?" he asked.

"Charity case", I say smirking.

He chuckles. His arm is resting on the wall behind me, as he is hovering over me.

"Or you secretly have a crush on me and wanted to help me out", he whispers and I scoff.

"Oh Malfoy, you would like that, now wouldn't you?"

His face is so close to mine that our noses are almost touching.

"You have to admit, you've never denied the fact that you have a crush on me, nerd", he says.

"Neither have you, arse", I respond. My voice is just merely a whisper, just like his.

There's a long pause. He just stares into my eyes, looking straight into my soul and I'm using all my power to not look away. He's not going to take power over me.

"So, what did you do to get McGonagall that mad?" I ask to avoid blushing.

"I hung a first-year Gryffindor in a tree", he says, clearly proud of his accomplishments. I roll my eyes. What a sick joke.

"He wouldn't admit that Slytherin is clearly the most powerful house", he says with a smirk, which deserves another eyeroll. Is he serious?

"You're such an arrogant git", I spit.

"And you're a sad nerd."

"Stupid sod!"

"Pathetic half-blood."

"Useless, stuck-up brat!"

And then his lips collide with mine, all of the sudden, filled with passion. He kisses me.

And I... without any self-control, completely losing any common sense, kiss him back.

——

#A/N: I know I never do this, but I feel like it's necessary after reading the comments lol. Draco didn't hang the first year as in killing the kid. He just put him high up in the tree lol. Loads of you are freaking out, but he didn't murder anyone haha. That's the difference between 'hung' and 'hanged'.