Chapter Eleven: Empty Eyes

SeolGi had his people sent you home, your leg was hurting but he didn't care.  He gave your clothes and your stuff back to you before waving his hand to gave signal to his men to sent you back.

You arrived at the house and saw the light was on; knowing they're home already.

You walked inside and saw Yoongi sitting at the couch, his gaze fell on you and he pushed a paper which caught your eyes.

"What.. Is that?" You said in a small voice.

Yoongi clicked his tongue; eyes full of hate and annoyed, he said, "Fill this paper, we're getting divorce."

You saw Hyurin eyeing you from her room, she was scared.  You smile at her, you knew she didn't break her promise.

You walked to the couch, forcing your hurting leg to move. 

He noticed it and smiled slyly, "You had a fun time with him, huh?" He arched one of his eyebrow, his eyes got no emotion.

You didn't answer nor did you smile, you picked up the pen, with shivering hand, you signed it.

"Done." You said in a sorrowful voice before leaving him.

His eyes following you as his heart felt somewhat heavy.

You walked to Hyurin and crouched down, you winced in pain before turning back to a serious face.

You checked your bag, then turned back to her, "Here's your phone, thank you for keeping the promise." You said and gave Hyurin a hug.

She mouthed thank you and lowered her head in shame, you looked at her confused.  She noticed it, that your eyes was no longer the same bright eyes but an empty gaze.

She saw it through you, you're hurt. 

"I'm sorry, mommy. But daddy took your phone. He wouldn't give it back to me no matter what I say."

You ruffled her head softly and a small smile appeared on her lips, "It's okay. Rin, I'm no longer your mommy. I hope you can find another mommy for you and your dad." You kissed her forehead and stood up.

Yoongi looked at you from behind, then glanced back at the paper, he wanted to shred the paper but he keep his hand to his side.

You walked back to your room, and locked it.

"You see me, don't you?"

Your phone buzzed but it was inside Yoongi's room.

You smiled painfully, "You know what,"

Your heart throbbing, tears uncontrollably trickiling down from your cheeks in silent,

"I hate you so much. I wanted to tell you just now but I know you wouldn't let me go if I said it. I felt disgusted with myself right now, and it is your fault I am like this."

Your phone buzzed again.

"You'll get your payback one day. I'll make sure of it."

--

The next day, you made them breakfast and went back to your room.  Yoongi was not used to it, he wanted to give you a glare like he used to but you're not there.

He wanted to see you trying to give your best to fulfilled his house need, the warmness his house need but you're suddenly gone.

"Dad?" Hyurin said, she ate her food while looking at his father.

"I'm fine, Rin. Let's go, you'll be late for school if we didn't go now." He said and stood up, picking up his stuff and looked at the divorcement paper.

He took it and decided to gave it to his lawyer.

The two of you continue the day as if nothing happened, but what changed was you didn't have the warmness you usually had.

Hyurin noticed it, so was Yoongi but they kept silent about it.

Sometimes, when you picked Hyurin from school, she would asked you why you changed but you didn't answer and changed the topic.

Sometimes, when you prepared the meal for them, Hyurin would ask you to stay and eat with them but you refused.

A few days later, the divorcement went as Yoongi planned.

You packed your bag and sighed.

Yoongi went to your room and looked at you, "Need help?"

You didn't answer, he was embarrassed for being ignored.  He left the room and sighed to himself.

Your phone buzzed again, but you didn't have it with you. 

It was in Yoongi's room.

His eyes diverted to your phone, he was confused who was texting you all the time. Was it really his brother? Or was it someone else?

He did not know but he was sure it was bugging you and he was annoyed by the buzzing sound too, sometime that person will call you but Yoongi rejected the call.

Later the next day, you moved out from the house and went somewhere far away.  You wanted to live a new life.

You kissed Hyurin on the forehead before heading out and leave the house.  Yoongi was still at work, you had made them a dinner and told Hyurin to warm it if she wanted to eat again.

"Y/n, do you really want to keep this secret?"

"Rin, we're no longer related. I don't care if it was a secret or not anymore. I don't have anything to do with you guys, so I don't have to worry anymore."

Hyurin eyes got teary as she looked at your empty eyes, the warmness where she usually seek for when she was alone or hurt was no longer there.

You stood up then walked to your car.

"Y/n!" She ran to you and cried loudly.

You picked her up and caress her back, "I'm sorry, Rin. I know I'm hurting you when I leave you but this is for the best. "

She hugged your neck and didn't want to let go.

"You are my mommy!"

You sighed, "I am not, Rin. You'll find another better one than me some day."

She shook her head, "No! I will not! You're my mommy and that will never changed anything! I have lost one mommy, why did daddy want to make you leave?!"

You hugged her tightly, "Because everything is just wrong, sweetie. When you grow up, you will understand how cruel this world is and how trouble is always finding you."

She cried again, louder this time.

You scratched your head, you knew you had made her cried louder but you're telling her the truth.

"I don't care. I want you to stay!"

You giggled at her cute possessiveness, her tears stopped as her eyes widen, you giggled!

"Y-you, you giggled, Y/n."

"I know. You're the only one who can make me giggle at the worst time."

She finally smiled.

"I know you will definitely go despite whatever I say. I guess I can let you go with a smile now. " She finally smiled.

Your eyes watered, why is she so sweet?

"I love you, mommy. No matter what, you're still my mommy." She said.

You smile, a big one. "Thank you for everything, Rin."

You entered your car, rolled your window down and waved her goodbye, she waved back at you then you finally drove off to your new home somewhere even she didn't know.

______________
TBC

Thanks for reading this book! I might update twice today :)