Til Rabids Do Us Part

This is a fanfiction based on Dog Days by Crimson_Graves. DO NOT READ if you haven't read Dog Days. She is a fantastic writer and the master of horror on wattpad.

Arryn looked at herself in the mirror. Even the mirror was a sign that the world was no longer the same. It was cracked and there were blood stains on it. It seemed almost a mockery that she was wearing a stunning wedding dress. Unfortunately the spectacular, white dress was sleeveless. It showed the scars on her arms. She truly wished she had picked a dress with long sleeves.

She felt arms wrap around her. "You look beautiful."

Arryn can't kill her smile. "It's bad luck to see the dress."

"I think there can't be any more bad luck in this world."

Arryn turned around to face Lincoln, her eyes drifting back to their reflection. They look like like a young, happy couple with their whole lives ahead of them—as if they have a future. 

Unfortunately Arryn knows that they are living on borrowed time. It won't be long before they are both dead.

Or worse.

It would have been sooner if they had gone to that stupid party. There wasn't much to be grateful for in this world, but Arryn was constantly thankful that Lincoln had talked her out of going to the party.

The party where the dog attacked a young man and killed him. Sometimes Arryn was haunted by the idea it could have been Lincoln.

But he was right there with her. They survived better than most people. Her family, Lincoln's family, Claire and even Austin were able to retreat to the lake house. There, the frazzled survivors gathered together, to face a challenging world.

It had been two years since Arryn's world fell apart—but when Lincoln had his arms around her, it felt like she returned to the safe world of her youth. 

"Where did you find this dress?" Lincoln asked, touching the delicate white fabric.

"Claire and I hunted it down on a supply run," Arryn explained. "Claire didn't tell me we would go shopping for dresses—she knew I would say no."

"I should be upset that you risked your life for a dress...but it was worth it."

Arryn smiled again—very few things could make her smile now. "I'm so lucky I have Claire."  

The door swung open and Arryn tensed—although the sound would have been quite different if it was rabid deer. Instead, it was Austin and Dante. 

"Lincoln! You aren't supposed to be in here with the beautiful bride!" Dante chided him.

Lincoln smiled. Lincoln, Austin and Dante had become great friends—after some initial wariness. The three of them had done some amazing things to keep everyone safe. Some of their stunts scared Arryn to death, but she was so happy Lincoln had these guys to back him up.  

"Have you done the patrols?" Arryn asked sharply.

"Not to worry, Mrs. Mosley—everything is good. We haven't seen a rabid for days," Austin assured her.

Arryn wasn't very reassured. There could be no rabids for days—and then everything could become a nightmare.  

That was how she lost her father.

"I'm not Mrs. Mosley yet," Arryn told Austin.

"But soon you will be!" Austin looked happy—probably because he was imagining the day he would marry Claire.