The Bodyguard

You had knew about the maidens since you graduated Beacon with top honors and more than capable skill and technique. As a result, you were the best possible choice for this assignment of protection of a younger one. She was the recent fall maiden after her old godmother had unfortunately passed away. According to Ozpin, the girls' name was Amber and she just a few years younger than you. Now, this wasn't that big of a deal however, you anticipated that she would rather have protection from your mentor, Qrow over you.

You arrived at Beacon near dawn to met with Ozpin and the new fall maiden. You were greeted by Glynda Goodwitch and guided down to the vault. After arriving, you saw Ozpin and the girl. And you were right, she was considerably younger than you thought.

Ozpin: Ah, (Y/N), it is good to see you again.

(Y/N): Likewise, Oz.

You two shook hands. After a few seconds, your gaze shifted over to the new maiden.

(Y/N): So, you're our new fall?

Amber: Yes, sir. Amber Autumn at your service.

(Y/N): (Smiles) She's more polite than winter.

Ozpin: That is a positive benefit, yes. Now then, I have already arranged a trip location and cover identities for you both.

(Y/N): Cover identities? I thought the whole game was to be nomadic?

Ozpin: It still is to a different degree. You wont be moving every day. Just a few weeks at a time. Nothing overly concerning.

Amber: I understand, professor.

Ozpin: That is good. But what about your protector?

(Y/N): Oz, it's nothing big. We can handle it. I'll get her trained in hand-to-hand, sword, everything else. We can return here in a few months time and get summer to train her from there. So, let's see these identities.

Ozpin: Very well.

Ozpin handed you both some documents and you eagerly took a look, as did Amber. However, your eyes quickly widened at seeing the cover story.

(Y/N) and Amber: HONEYMOON!

A few days later, you and Amber your "wife" were on a small ocean liner moving towards Vytal. You thought Oz would make things a little less personal, yet this was insane to you. Granted, there was only a four year age gape between you and Amber, it was still insane to think about. You were inside the shared cabin of you both, laying on your sleeping bag while Amber was looking out the window.

Amber: You know, you can take the bed too?

(Y/N): Yeah. But this situation is already awkward as is. Don't want to make it anymore awkward.

Amber: Yeah, I see your point there. How long have you been-

(Y/N): I'm 27 now, so about seven years.

Amber: Wow. Long time.

(Y/N): Oz has been at it longer. Longer than any of us could have imagined. Look, that doesn't matter. What matters is keeping you safe.

Amber: Right.

Suddenly, the door knocked, and both you and Amber had a look of fear on your faces. You gesture for her to move into the bathroom as you grabbed your sword. You slowly moved to the door and hide the blade behind you. You opened the door and saw the captain standing behind the door.

Captain: Oh, hello Mr. Woods. I'm sorry for disturbing you but we are offering a couples dinner tonight. Would you be joining us tonight?

(Y/N): I don-