Old Habits

Okay. So before we begin...did any of you guys see the Season 8 Premiere? SPOILERS AFTER THIS POINT! So basically Whouffle was canon for about 2 minutes. Eleven thought he was Clara's boyfriend, until Capaldi says, "Clara I'm not your boyfriend." To which Clara replies, "I never thought you were." So Capaldi comes out with, "It wasn't your mistake." AND THEN ELEVEN CALLS HER. God. Anyway, so prompt (literally just sent in): After Twelve says his aforementioned line, and after Clara gets the call from Eleven, she goes to her room on the TARDIS to find Eleven waiting for her. Now she must choose between her gentle, young faced chin-boy and her dark, mysterious, newly Scottish grey haired man. Anonymously sent in.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Clara staggered back to her room. She was ready to collapse on her bed and cry her eyes out. Then she would sleep. Yes, sleep sounded like the most marvelous thing in the world to her at the moment. She found the door to her room, and slowly turned the doorknob. When the door opened she found the last surprise of the day waiting for her, the man she thought she'd never see again.

"Doctor," she whispered, barely audible. The man sitting on her bed jumped up and hugged her.

"Clara! What's wrong? You look as though you've seen a ghost."

"I have," she said, a tear rolling down her cheek. She could hear the older Doctor yelling her name through the halls, looking for her.

"Clara...I couldn't stand losing you. I need you. I-" he was cut off by the older version of himself entering the room.

Twelve looked in disbelief as he saw himself, pleading with a crying Clara Oswald. He didn't remember this...

"What's happening?" he said, causing Clara to turn around and hug him. He stood there awkwardly as she embraced him.

"I want her to continue traveling with me," Eleven said.

"That's stupid. She still is traveling with you. I AM YOU!"

"But not really. And Clara...well Clara and I we can flirt and hang out and hug and kiss and it won't look weird. But if you do any of that, well let's just say it looks a bit gross," Eleven said.

Clara stood helplessly as both men fought over her. She couldn't go with Eleven, it would break Twelve's heart. But she yearned for his younger self. She longed for his hand holds and forehead kisses. She missed he way he said her name in his oh-so-British accent. But he was gone, she needed to stay with the current Doctor. They were the same man. Maybe if her and Twelve were going to do anything like that, it wouldn't be in public. But it could still happen.

They flirted all the time, even still. Old habits, she supposed. But this Doctor was less touchy; he barely even stood within a foot of her.

"I'm not going anywhere" Clara announced much more confidently than she thought she could muster. "I'm staying right here, with the new Doctor. I will stay with him until hell freezes over because you two are the same man. While there may be some differences, I believe both of you are the same. Compassionate, loving, caring, friendly. Boisterous, too. So stop bickering with yourself. Eleven is gone. He regenerated. And I'm sorry. I'm glad you phoned...I really am. I miss you too, of course I do. But that was in my past," Clara finished, crying.

Eleven walked up to her and kissed her forehead. He grabbed her hand with his left hand while the right one cupped her cheek. He whispered into her hair, "Oh my impossible, brave-heart Clara. You always did know what to do."

He left the TARDIS without another word, closing a door that would never be opened again. Twelve hugged her and held her as she cried, no matter how uncomfortable it was for him. Because even if he had made mistakes about what he was to her, there was no mistake that he would always be there for her.

+++++++++

So I know it's short, but I kind of cried while writing it, and it isn't even that sad. It's just Eleven's phone call along with life itself has got me all depressed. Please vote, comment, follow, and send those prompts! Love you all!