Part 4 - 3

Home.

Several years ago that would've been just another random ship floating in the middle of the galaxy.

Several more years and it would've been anywhere the Haze was.

Now, Creed knew exactly where home was for him. Right beside the woman who would be his wife in only a few short days.

He'd never imagined settling down, but it didn't seem such a strange idea now. He'd found a woman he loved who loved him back, his brothers were safe, and the war was at a lull for the time being.

He was still a soldier, though, and he knew that if he wanted to protect his family and his home settling down wouldn't be an option for a while, if ever at all.

He could dream, though.

"Creed?"

He picked up his head some and turned onto his stomach, looking up at the foot of the stairs where she stood.

"Yeah?" He asked.

Skylar moved over to the arm of the couch. "You sure you'll be alright down here?"

He nodded and smiled, rolling back onto his back and taking her hand. "I'll be fine. It's only for a few more days," he said.

She smiled and laughed a bit.

He smiled more when she did and squeezed her hand gently. He couldn't wait.

"Well goodnight, then, I'll see you in the morning," she said and kissed his head, brushing her fingers through his hair.

"Love you, goodnight," he mumbled, closing his eyes when she did that.

"Love you too," she said, then gently pulled her hand away and started up the steps to her room again.

Creed rolled over and curled onto his side happily, settling into a deep sleep before long.

The next morning he woke before Skylar. Getting up he folded the blanket like normal and headed to the kitchen. Skylar didn't usually let him cook on his own in the kitchen, but she wasn't up, and he knew some of what he was doing. Just so long as he didn't try boiling water things should be fine.

Heading into the kitchen he pulled out a pan and then searched through the fridge until he found eggs, milk, and butter. He grabbed the baking mix she used for pancakes and biscuits and a bowl, then began to mix together the ingredients he usually watched her use for pancakes. He reminded himself to use more milk than he would for biscuits. He stirred it together quickly in the bowl and then set the bowl aside and pulled out a second pan.

Pausing momentarily, he poked his head out of the kitchen to make sure she wasn't up yet. He smiled when he saw she was still asleep upstairs and headed back into the kitchen. He turned the stove on, cracked the eggs and stirred in a bit of milk. He then grabbed a cup and poured some of the batter into the second pan and poured the eggs into a second pan.

He watched the batter carefully as he cooked the eggs and once the eggs were done he used both pans to finish the pancakes before piling them all onto a plate. He cleared everything up and set the eggs and pancakes on the table, grabbing out plates. He did, if nothing else, at least know how to set the table.

Once he finished up he poked his head out of the kitchen again. She still seemed asleep, so he turned around and grabbed the kettle she kept at the back of the stove. Skylar liked caf in the mornings sometimes. He couldn't stand the taste, but the smell usually got him up. Plus, with the kettle, there was no chance that he could mess up boiling water; he hoped.