1

"Come on Dustin, why can't we just go on an actual date? Like let's make it official already?"  Kate says wrapping her arms around my neck as I lean against the hood of my car.I roll my eyes and put a smirk on my face.

"Kate," I start, taking her arms and unwrapping them from around my neck. "You and I both know that I don't do that."  I see the frown form on her face. Kinda satisfying to be completely honest. She should know better then to even suggest us going official, I have never done that, nor do I think I'm even able to do such a thing. I'm not exactly your loving couple type.

"Baby" she wines in her high pitch annoying tone. "Why can't I be different? We've been at this for a month and a half. Everyone at this school knows that you dump after a week or two at the most." She stomps and crosses her arms at her chest, I let out a slight chuckle at the sight. "I've already lasted three times the amount of most."

"Kate." I say starting to get annoyed at her, gosh she knew what she was getting into. "Your trial is over. Sorry to burst your bubble, but your are no different then any other girl." I say angrily, shoving my thumbs in my pockets. I stand from the hood of my car and push past a fuming Kate.

"Come on Dustin! You know we'd be real cute. You with your beautiful brown hair and almost amber eyes, me with my..."

"Kate...." I say interrupting her and turning around so I'm walking backwards. "I look 'real' cute with most girls." I say putting air quotes around the word real and giving a shrug. I turn back around to walk straight into the school, which is currently in session, yeah I'm a little late. 

Luckily I make it into the building before I can hear Kate say anything else, her voice is starting to annoying me. I turn the first corner and immediately see my math teacher, back towards me, talking to some other guy in my class. I stop mid walk and turn around. I'll take the long way to my locker.

I make a dash for the centre hall, it's not that I don't want to go to class, I actually don't have any real issue with school, I have good grades. So they aren't all 80 and above but I'm no lower then a 70, most of the time. I understand the work. It's just that I have an image to maintain in this school. Teachers always tell me and my parents that if I just attended more classes I would excel in the academic world. I just find it more fun not being there.

I turn right and start heading the direction that my locker is in, I still have another hall to go down but I'm closer. Each classroom I pass I glance in. Not that I'm nosey, just curious. Plus some of the classes and teachers I've already dealt with and sometimes I pity the poor soles that now have to deal with those hell bound teachers.

As I turn round the last corner  while simultaneously looking in the class at the end of the hall I bump into something hard. I stumble forward and land with a thump on top of someone. Oh my gosh. I can't believe I wasn't paying attention, who is in the halls at this time anyway. I rush to get up. "I am so sorry." I start. "But shouldn't you be in class?" I ask brushing  my hands on my pant legs. I look up to see who the poor kid I bump into is. She's beautiful. She has light brown hair with an almost golden tinge to it, her eyes are a blue grey shade, bright like the sky yet deep like the ocean. I can't help but stare. I quickly realize that I literally just fell on top of her. I reach my hand out to help her up.

"Thanks." She says, her voice is like an angels. She grabs my hand, hers is so soft, like the touch of silk. I gently pull her up off the ground.

"Sorry... about bumping into you and all." I say nervously.

"It's alright." She says straightening her hair by running her fingers through it a few times and using her palms to smooth it down. "And for your information I was on my way back to class, I had to run something to the office." She says to me straight skipping the small talk.