Chapter Eleven.

            Ramona watched Cain and J-Baby walk into the school together, hand to hand and she pursed her lips as looked to the side of her to see Chip who was staring outside the window. It had been a rough couple of days for him and she hated to witness it. He went everywhere to find a job but no one wanted to accept someone from Vietnam, no matter what was on their resume. Ramona puts her hand over his. "Want to get some hot chocolate?" She questioned him and he nodded his head softly as he looks at her with his doe eyes that made him look so young.

Ramona felt like she was looking at a little boy who got his candy taken away even though he was the same age as her. She started up the car and she drives off. Ramona stayed quiet and so did Chip. They rode through down ninth street and they were getting close to the bridge that was over Trinity River and he lifted out of his seat as they rode over it. He looked at the river and Ramona was curious to why the river interested him so much then the thought of him jumping off of the bridge came to her mind and she blinked then turned to meet his eyes again. "Are you okay?"

Chip nodded. "Could you park somewhere close to this bridge? I need to do something."

Ramona hesitated and she nodded her head slowly. She got off the bridge and found the nearest parking lot. They were now walking on the bridge, Ramona attempted to keep up with him but the wind blowing her back and her legs weren't making it any better. Chip suddenly stopped somewhat in the middle, he reached into his jacket pocket and he pulled out these shiny medals. Ramona gasped as she came on the side of him, she looks at him and she rests her hand on top of them. "Why didn't you tell anyone you got these?" She questioned and Chip shrugged as he looks down, tears brimmed his eyes. "I don't deserve these at all. I killed innocent people Ramona and I-I didn't want to," He sniffled and he held out a medal that was shaped like a star with a red, white and blue ribbon. "This is one is Medal of Valor because I helped another soldier," He holds up another and it was the purple heart one. "This is one was given to me for my heroism because I detonated a bomb because I was the only one who knew how to. I thought I was gonna die that day." He sniffled and Chip sighs as he looks at Ramona. "The others I don't want to talk about."

Ramona rubs his back and she rests the side of her face on his shoulder. "If I throw these inside the river, there will be a new start for me, a new beginning." He tells her and Ramona motions him to throw them in. Ramona wished she could understand but the very little she knew, she couldn't really ask because she feels like he would get PTSD on her like some of the people on the news but she knows that Chip was sane and she didn't worry. She watches him throw them in and Chip wipe his face with his free hand, he smiles a little. "I'm gonna find a job, a significant other because we don't live forever and I'm gonna have to pay taxes until the day I die." He laughs at the end and Ramona chuckled as she nudged his shoulder. "Come let's get some hot chocolate because I'm fucking cold."