1.4

[Male lead's love percentage has risen to 35%.)

Bai Mengxiang pretended to appear sadden, and made it look like he had almost shed tears.

Sounds of crying were heard as he lifted his head up.

"Amazing. Only you, Mengxiang, will have the ability to bring tears into my eyes." The Empress Dowager said, dabbing away the tears from her eyes.

Bai Mengxiang got up, carefully, and bowed down.

"It is my honor to receive such a high compliment from you, Imperial Mother." Bai Mengxiang said, his face smiling towards the Empress Dowager as he was excused and walked to sit in his spot again. His footsteps were taken with heaviness, and Xu Yongheng spotted that

Xu Yongheng clenched the arm rest on his throne. He didn't know why, but, his heart began to ache once more. Why did that man appear so sad as he sung that song? Why did he look so hurt, yet, accepting?

And then he remembered. He had left this man to chase after someone else. He left this man who he had once said he would love forever. He left this man all alone, even when he knew that this man had love him so much.

Why was his heart suddenly hurting so much? As he looked into Bai Mengxiang's eyes that were red, filled with hidden sadness, he couldn't take the pain in his heart. Why did he suddenly regret leaving this man when he had never once thought about this?

He suddenly realized what a cruel man he was. He remembered that he had once done everything to get Bai Mengxiang's love, but after he got it, he tossed it away. He tossed the man he once promised a lifetime with away.

As he looked at Bai Mengxiang, he couldn't help it as his heart warmed towards him. He couldn't help it as his heart started aching in guilt, as he suddenly remembered all their lovely moments together.

He had destroyed that man's heart with his own hands. The heart that he had done everything to get to warm up to him, to love him. Now, as he looked at the man who was still the same as the day he had left him, the same as the day he had married him, he couldn't help the emotions that reappeared. He also couldn't stop the pain in his heart, telling him that everything was his fault, but he didn't deny that because it was true.

[Male lead's love percentage is now at 45%.]

Bai Mengxiang almost started to smirk before he realized that he wouldn't be acting in character. So he changed into a sad smile, invoking Xu Yongheng's feelings even more.

Suddenly, Bai Mengxiang had this urge to puke, and he struggled to hold it back. His face turned pale, sweat began to appear on his forehead.

Noticing that Bai Mengxiang felt unwell, Xu Yongheng felt like his heart was getting clawed at. He looked so weak all of a sudden. Xu Yongheng felt the most pain in his years of living, and that was all because of himself.

"Mengxiang, are you feeling well?" The Empress Dowager asked, noticing Bai Mengxiang's complexion.

"I am sorry, Imperial Mother. This child is feeling unwell, and will ask to be excuse. I apologize that I can't appear here to celebrate your birthday all the way through. This is a gift that this child has prepare for you." Bai Mengxiang struggled to say, his smile not disappearing as he handed a box to her.

"Go. You must be feeling unwell. If I had knew that you were feeling unwell, I wouldn't have told you to come." The Empress Dowager said, worry lining her brows as she accepted the gift.

"This child will ask to be excused." Bai Mengxiang said this sentence as he bowed towards her, then walked out of the Palace Banquet, Xiao Lan followed behind him.