Chapter 16

Johnny sat in his room. He looked down at his hands before coming back into reality. Ash kissed him. Does that mean he cheated? He looked in the mirror before rubbing his head. Dumb girl! He looked down at his phone, he had received a text from his father stating that Kahla was being released from the hospital. What if Ash told her? Would Kahla believe that Johnny had no part in it?

Frustrated he stood up, tossing the nearest pillow into the wall. He didn't want to lose his girlfriend. He really liked Kahla. Maybe it was love. He could hear his phone ringing before looking at the caller ID.

"Yeah dad?" Johnny questioned as he walked downstairs. "Punching the punching bag dad" Johnny wasn't one to do such a thing, but usually did so when frustrated. "What? She's staying here? Yeah I can get the guest room ready. Why she staying? Oh... How long is he going out if town? Barry is going with him? Your both going? Yeah... I can keep an eye in her. No big deal. " Johnny started walking upstairs. They had a small guest room. "Alright. See you soon"

Johnny made sure the bed was made nicely. He also put a few book in the room just in case. He couldn't believe her dad had to go out of town for a week. He could hear the front door open, his dad and Barry assisting Kahla with her suitcase. He could hear her thanking them over and over while Big daddy assisted her with getting up to the guest room.

Johnny waited for her to come up, and helped his father take her bag before the two questioned if she would need anything. Once everything was situated Big daddy said his goodnight, as he and Barry he to be up early. Johnny watched his father leave the room before turning his attention back at Kahla. He remained unsure on how to tell her what ask did.

"You don't have to wait up. I know it's late... Your more then welcome to go to bed and I'll see you in the morning" Kahla spoke as she was already in her pajamas.

Johnny stepped into the room and shut the door behind him. He sat next to her on the bed before lightly grasping her hand.

"I'm really glad tour alright. You really scared us back there with... What happened" Johnny spoke gently to her before she gave him hand a slight squeeze.

"I'm good now... The docto stated that j just need to take it easy for a while" she smiled before leaning back into the pillow.

"But. It's bed time. I'll see you in the morning anyways since my dad thinks I need a baby sitter" she chuckled before giving Johnny the boot. Johnny found himself laying in bed, his mind still debating on how he was going to tell Kahla what happened.

-----------------------------------------------------

Kahla stood in kitchen. She was making herself a smoothie. Her eyes glanced at the clock before scrolling through her phone. She pulled up a new message before texting Mr. Moon, thanking him for the flowers. She also stated she could have to excuse her classes for a couple weeks, giving her free time to come to the theater. Afterwards, she contacted her dance appointments in a group chat. Apologizing for the delay. The group seemed to sprout with words of healing. Kahla promised everything would be rescheduled.

Her eyes shifted to the staircase before watching the male slowly came down the stairs.

"Good morning sleepy head. Glad your in the world of the living" she smiled before handing him her smoothy, she watched him take a sip of her smoothy before running his head.

"Yeah. Did you sleep well?" He questioned sleepily. "I hope so. Buster texted me last night and noted me to come in early. I told him I gotta bring you with me"

She raised a eyebrow as she looked at the clock. "well let me go ahead and put some proper clothes on and when your dressed we can head out. My car is outside so you can drive" she handed him the drink before running up the stairs.

Johnny sighed and pulled his shirt off before throwing it into the washer. He would run it later. He walked back up the stairs before turning into his room. He pulled out a dark blue shirt before pulling it on. His leather jacket was the usual that he would never be without.

He waited downstairs, his hands fiddling with his phone. He watched Kahla come down the chairs. She wore blue high waist kegging, a white crop top and pink jacket. He could feel a blush creeping up to his cheeks before he opened the door.

"Ready to go? Better get there so I can see what Mr. Moon wants" he stood waiting for her to step out before shutting the door behind him, locking it.