Warehouse

"Is there anyone here?" Chao calls out in the huge warehouse.

No response. He doesn't even receive an echo of his own voice.

"Guess not," I say, wiping the tears from my eyes. I was still so broken-hearted after Jungkook rejected me.

Chao grabs my wrist. "Don't cry. He's not worth it."

I sniffle and remove his hand from my wrist. "What now?"

"Well, do you have your cellphone on you?"

I hand him my cellphone and he frowns. "No service." Chao gives it back to me and I slip it back into the pocket of my dress.

"Let's get out of the warehouse, first," I suggest.

We walk down the narrow hallway and Chao walks beside me. He places a hand on my shoulder, so he can walk with his limp.

A rat scrams in front of us and Chao screams. "Ahhhh!"

   I chuckle. "A bit scared, are we?"

   "I am not afraid of most things... but rats are nasty." Chao sticks his tongue out, in disgust.

   "Just stay behind me. I'll be your knight in shining armor," I promised him. Chao follows my instructions and we finally exit the abandoned warehouse.

    I take my cellphone out and check our current location. "Huh, we're 40 minutes away from Geum's jewelry store and an hour and a half away from my house. How'd we get this far so fast?"

    "Doesn't matter. Let me call some of my clan to alert them I'm okay."

    I nod and hand him my phone. Chao tells his gang his current location.

    Chao gives my phone back to me. "They'll be here in 10 minutes. Good thing they're close by."

    "Alright I'll call a taxi... shoot I barely have any money!" I check my pockets and there was only change. I called Taehyung's number a few times but he didn't pick up.

   "Well, my clan will be here soon. We can drop you off at your home," Chao assures me.

   "No, it's okay." I shook my head.

    "Listen, girl. You have no money. It will take you grueling hours if not days to get home. Getting you home safe is the least I can do, especially since you saved my life," he told me.

   "Fine, whatever." I shrug. I barely knew this man, but I did help him, after all. He shouldn't betray or hurt me. My gut feeling told me to trust Chao and my instincts are almost always right.

    I was also beyond exhausted, emotionally and physically. I needed to go home as soon as possible so I could tell Taehyung and Jimin what happened. They're the only ones who can help me save Jungkook.

    A Mercedes Benz finally parks in front of us and Chao charmingly opens the door for me. "Come in."

    "Alright, thanks." I sit in and Chao scoots beside me.

    As soon as Chao enters the car, the driver and the other guy sitting in the passenger front seat chatter excitedly.

   "Sir, I can't believe you made it out alive! We thought you were dead!" They seemed so happy, like they were ready to kiss Chao on the cheek.

    Chao chuckles. "I'm the gang leader of the Blue Dragons. Surviving is my expertise, Jisung. Besides, it was Y/n here who saved me."

    The driver and the guy in the passenger seat named Jisung thank me.