Chapter 39: Pistachio

"You know what we have to do to avoid these things?" He said in a knowingly tone.

"What?" I asked looking away from the window.

"You need to leave some clothes at my place and I need to leave some at yours." He glanced at me and put his hand on my thigh. He made me wear a skirt even though I looked like a kid who had fallen on her knees.

"And what if I let one of my favorite t-shirts there and I want to wear it?" I asked faking concern.

"Then you have an excuse to come and see me." He said excitedly. "Or I'll bring it to you."

"I was joking, I think it's a good idea." I said smiling, looking out the window again.

We parked at his house and he stepped out of the car. I watched him as he passed the front window and came to my door and opened it.

"You're not planning on getting out?" He asked.

"Do I have to?" I asked with puppy eyes. I was comfortable in the car and I doubted he would take more than five minutes.

"If you don't wanna be rude to my mom, yes." He chuckled.

I was quick to step out. I didn't remember her mom was there. Ace closed the door after me and laughed. He put his arm around my shoulders and gave a kiss to the top of my head.

We got into the house and he walked towards the stairs.

"Mom!" He shouted looking up.

Giulia appeared walking down the stairs. "Ciao tesoro." He gave a kiss on her cheek. "Where are you guys going?" She asked me when she saw I was standing by the door.

"I'm taking her to lunch," he said signaling me with his thumb, "I'm gonna change clothes." He walked upstairs and her mom did the opposite.

"How much did he drink last night?" Giulia asked when she got closer to me. She gestured for me to follow her to a room I had never been before.

"Not much." I said shrugging trying to sound convincing. The room had a chimney surrounded by couches. The walls were covered with shelves full of books, except for one wall were big windows touched the ceiling. There was also a big black piano below a beautiful chandelier.

My eyes wandered the place in awe. She sat down on one of the couches and I went to do the same.

"Martina, you are a terrible liar." She laughed.

Not convincing enough, I guess. But I couldn't say his son couldn't even stand up.

"Yeah, I've been told that." I chuckled sitting down in front of her. Actually, his son was the one who told me that. I didn't have any problems lying before.

"So, are you guys good again?" I nodded with a little smile. She stared at me for a second and her lips curled up into a smile. "Wait, I'm gonna show you something I'm sure you're gonna like."

She went to one of the shelves and grabbed a big book. It was a family photo album. I smiled when she handed it to me. I opened it slowly.

"Look, that's Ace when he was born." She said pointing one of the pictures. What surprised me the most was the fact that he was born with no hair and now he had so much.

"Aww."

She kept on showing me photos, and every minute that passed I felt like I knew him a little bit more. He was a really cute kid. His hair a little bit lighter, but just as tan as now, his golden eyes capturing his innocence.

I was laughing at a photo of Ace with his mouth full of chocolate, when his mom put a hand on top of mine. I looked at her confused and she stared at me with those hazel eyes that seemed to hold almost the same intensity as her son's.