Three

It's been almost a month since Credence left and I miss him already. I understand that I've been ignoring him for years and all that, but since we rekindled our friendship it's hard for me not to miss him. He's alive. He's well. I get that he needs to find himself, but I should have gone with him. I could have helped him find his family. He said he wanted to do it on his own and I respect that. I'm not a wizard so I understand why he is concerned. If someone from the wizarding world found out that a Muggle is out and about then they'll obliviate me as fast as the word can be said. I could have found a way, but I'm stuck here with Tina.

I smiled at the next postcard Credence send me. This one is from Russia. He found a clue about where he came from and is going to talk to the man. The Postcard amuses me too. It's a few Russian men dancing around the flag. They were actually singing the message.

"I still don't get how you guys aren't still amazed by this?" I asked her as I placed the postcard down and grabbed one of her magazines. The cover said it's called Spellbound which made me want to laugh at the choice in name. Their magazines have the picture's moving too. I'm learning new things every day.

"Because I've lived it my entire life," Tina chuckled.

I flipped one of the pages. My mouth flew open as it was the news about some circus going through France. I flipped the magazine over. "And you're never tired of it?" I pointed at one of this bird/bat looking creature flapping its wings. "And this? Ok, I don't know what the hell it is, but it looks so cool."

"I forgot I still had that issue. I believe it was last months." I was about to flip the page, but Tina's eyes widen. She rushed over to the couch and grabbed the magazine in from my hand. "Actually, come to think of it, you don't want to read this issue. It's nothing but boring stuff about the stocks and Grindelwald's trial."

I shot up. "What? His trial?" I tried to reach for the magazine but she held it as far as me as possible. "Tina, I never heard about a wizards trial." I tried to reach for it again. "I want to know what happens."

Tina moved around me and held the magazine from behind her back. "It's not that much. Just a person sitting in front of the Council and waiting for punishment. It's not all that interesting."

I clicked my tongue. "Really?" Tina gave me a nervous smile. What is she hiding? I have an idea. I turned around. "Ok, well, in that case..."

I trailed off before spinning around and tackling Tina to the couch. I tried to reach the magazine but she kept outstretching her arm. If anyone walked in we would have looked like two people fighting over the remote.

"Alina, you don't want to see what's in here," she groaned out.

I kept reaching as I finally grabbed the magazine. "Ah, ha!" I yelled in victory as I got off her. I held the magazine up. "What's with you? Why don't you want me to read this?" I opened the magazine to the page I stopped at and froze.

Tina noticed the heartbreak look on my face as she slowly got up. "I'm sorry, Alina."

I bit my lip as my throat started to tighten. The picture was of Newt. Next to him was some girl, a man, then another girl. It wouldn't have bothered me if it wasn't for the caption on the photo. Newt Scamander with fiancee, Leta Lestrange; brother, Theseus; and an unknown woman.

"Fiancee?" I breathed as my throat started to tighten. I slowly sat on the couch. "Newt's getting married?"

Tina sat next to me. "Alina -"

I shook my head as my eyes started to water. "So he already moved on? Just like that? He publishes a book and suddenly forgets about me for some girl." I looked down at the picture. "And it's not even some girl. This is the first girl Newt loved."