Chapter 2

"...Saw you there and I thought oh my god look at that face, you look like my next mistake. Love's a game, wanna play..."
~ Taylor Swift

......

After Alice and I were done talking this morning, we headed to the office to get our schedules. We were happy to see that we have both English and Physical Education together.

"Look," Alice nudges my side. I look up from my notebook only to have my eyes land on Cole Baker standing with two other guys who I'm guessing are Kai and Alec. They're walking in when the teacher stops them.

"I've warned you not to come late to my class."

The three boys just walk past Mr. Stiles as if he hadn't said a word. They stop at the front as Cole browses the classroom until his eyes meet mine. Our eyes maintain contact, challenging each other, but not even for a moment do I twitch.

We stop staring when Cole turns his head to whisper something to the guy dressed similar to me. When the mystery man's eyes land on me, he starts to make his way over to us. Then I know for sure that Cole was talking about us to him.

Cole takes a seat beside Alice while the grey-eyed guy takes a seat next to me. The third guy takes a seat in front of us.

The Armani cologne radiates off of him in waves. My eyes become curious, trying to find just the right moment to look at him sitting only inches away. I know better than to follow my first instinct, so I force myself to focus on the teacher after taking a mental note that he's rich.

Just when I'm about to drown myself into the teacher's words, Alice pulls on my jacket and I lean my ear closer to her mouth, "What the fuck are they planning?"

"I don't know, just ignore them and play along if they start talking," she nods, and we avert our attention back to the front. I can't help but notice the glares I'm getting from all the girls in the class.

I was hoping I didn't have to admit it, but the three guys surrounding us are quite.. gorgeous if I can put it that way. All three of them are massively built with sharpened features such as perfectly sculpted jaws. The guy sitting next to me is different than Cole and the other guy.

He has a great body, but the thing that intrigues me the most, is the mysterious and dominant aura that surrounds him. It's similar to one that surrounds cold hearted and aggressive killers.

The thought of who he could be gives me a headache and I decide to push that thought down far deep down into my mind.

You can't let your guard down, Summer. He's probably no one, just another high school bad boy who breaks the school rules or something.

"Summer," Alice saves me from drowning in my thoughts. I soundlessly lip thank you to her. In reply, she flashes me a faint smile.

With my eyes glued to the front, I notice him observing me from my peripheral vision. As a test, I drop my pencil on the ground. My chair screeches back and I bend down reaching for the pencil. With a microscopic tilt of my head, I watch his head slightly turn my way as his eyes trace my moves.

He's just as observant as one. I think to myself.

I scoot my chair back to its original position and decide to focus on the teacher's lesson. Acting normal is the only thing that can save me right now.

......

Whatever time was left in English, went by the same.

Second block was Art.

The guy who sat next to me in English, was also in my class and I found out that he's Kai Black.