Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Iris Parker

"Mommy, where are we going?" Jacob asked, his face clearly saddening. I finished buckling his seatbelt and Jace was next.

"Yeah, and why isn't daddy coming?" I stopped when Jace asked. Ever since I started packing all of our stuffs, they've been asking questions nonstop. Although I didn't want to be frustrated, I was feeling that at this point.

"I'll tell you once we get home, okay?" I answered, trying to sound patient. As soon as I finished buckling Jace, I closed the car doors and turned around where nanay Grace was standing.

She sniffled, wiping a tear from her eye as she sighed. She held my cheek for a while as she stared at me.

"I don't know why you're doing this, but if you must, who am I to stop you?" she says knowingly. I didn't quite understand her, but I chose to smile and hug her.

"Don't worry, nanay. We'll visit as much as we can." I said sadly and gave her one last hug. After bidding my farewell, I went inside my car and started driving away Venialgo mansion.

From my rearview mirror, I stared as the mansion gradually became smaller in my view until we were out of the gates and it closed.

After my conversation with Liam last week, I slowly started gathering my and the triplets' stuff and slowly moving them to the Williams' residence. Ever since, I rarely saw Liam which kind of disappointed me. You'd think that since we weren't gonna see each other for a long time, we'd spend our last times together.

I still slept in our room because Liam insisted that I stay there while he slept in the triplets' room or in a guest room.

I have to admit, I still felt heartbroken, even more than before. The fact that we ended our relationship was only starting to sink in and each time I was reminded of it, I died more inside. But I can't complain because I was the one who decided on this.

And I hope with all my heart that this is the right decision.

From the back, the Jace, Jamie and Jacob were still asking questions about where we were going. Tired of their questions, I kept saying the same thing:

"We're going home."

The drive was probably half an hour from Venialgo and once we arrived there, the gates immediately opened. I rounded till the front yard where I could see my father standing in front of the door.

A smile graced my lips and I felt relieved that we were here now.

Finally home...

I got out first and my father immediately came towards me to engulf me in a big bear hug. I hugged him back while telling him that I missed him even though I haven't seen him only in a day.

He seemed to only glance behind me and saw the triplets from the car's window. His eyes widened and his eyebrows met as he tried to put two and two together.

I chuckled softly. "Dad, let me introduce you to them."

One by one, I unbuckled their seatbelts and they started hopping off the car. At first, their faces were all frowned up, clearly they weren't happy with us moving. Again.

However, when they focused their attention towards the man in front of them, they looked towards me for answers.

"Boys, this is my father, your grandfather." I say and smiled widely. My dad looked towards me, his mouth agape.

"Is this--"

"Yes, dad. They're my kids." I chuckled. "C'mon now, say hi to grandpa." I instruct the triplets.