Chapter 7

"...Only thing that's on my mind is who's gonna run this town tonight..."
~ Jay-Z ft. Rihanna & Kayne West

......

It's six-oh-two and Kai still isn't here. Time is everything and a man like him should know that. How can he be so sloppy sometimes? In my family, if you were late to anything, you weren't allowed in, or if it were an event that involved life or death, you were surely going to be dead if not already.

After two more minutes, his black Audi pulls up onto my driveway, and I take a seat on the passenger's side.

The second I enter his car, the beautiful smell of his cologne hits my nostrils. Taking in a deeper breath, I drive myself crazy from the musky scent. I've never smelled anything this good, not to mention his clothing for the night which involved his usual black leather jacket, grey shirt, and black pants made him look sexy. He's a perfectly disguised monster any sane women would fall for.

Without even a glance my way, he backs the car up and starts driving again. I look at the audio system, similar to the one in my car, I turn on the radio only to have it turned off by Kai. Being stubborn, I turn it on and he turns it off.

We repeat until Kai speaks up, "No music. Touch the radio again, and I will cut your hand off."

I smile and turn on the music again. Kai monstrously glares at me, but I turn my head to the side and watch all the houses pass by in a blur. Any real leader would've killed me by now, what does he want from me?

"Why don't you just kill me?" I blurt out. I keep my eyes glued to the busy streets. At this point, I don't even care where Kai is taking me. To the party or not, I just want to know his motive because I'm tired of guessing.

"You'll find out sooner or later."

"That's a dick move. Not like I can do anything about it, right? So why don't you just tell me?"

This time, I sit up and look at Kai. His eyes remain on the road in front. The silence bothers me and I admit it. He's calculating his exact words, meaning he's planning something big for me. Something that is still partially unknown to him too.

"You're mysteriousness and blunt exterior is intriguing to me. Let's just say you've caught the attention of a person who doesn't back down so easily, love," he smirks and takes a glance my way.

"Huh," I reply and glue my eyes to the front.

"Let's get the rules for tonight straight. You don't leave my sight and you do not talk to anyone without my permission, understood?" the dominant side of his personality laces through his tone.

"Fat chance, let's get one thing straight. Even if you put a leash around my neck and don't feed me for a year, I will chew my way out of the leash and tie it right around your fucking neck. Trying to control me, is like trying to control a hurricane. Impossible," I state.

Kai clenches his jaw as he pulls up on the side of the road and slams his foot down on the breaks. I jolt forward and my wrists catch the hit as a string of pain runs down my right arm.

"Sss!" I suck in a deep breath as Kai pushes me back on my seat jumping on top of me. His right hand holds a blade to my throat while his forearm holds my head back. A few inches away from my face, his jaw tightly clenches and his eyes bore into mine.

"You wanna say that again?" he threatens.

"I'm sure you heard it clearly the first time. If not, then we wouldn't be in this position," I push against the limits. I clench my hands into fists preventing myself from reaching for the knife in my pocket. The proximity between us gives him an advantage.