Ch. 20 - Is she dead?

Logan

I couldn't bring myself to kiss her. I just couldn't. I left her there in the room as I walked out of the house to go duel against Winston.

My wolf wanted me to go back to her but I couldn't. Everything I was doing was for her, she can't see it now but it was. Winston wanted to take my land and my mate, to hell with that idea.

No one has ever taken what was mine and he wasn't about to be the first. I met him in the middle of the field. He stood across from me with a wicked look on his face.

"Last chance to back out Winston." I called out. My men stood behind me in half a circle and Winston's men did the same.

"I've waited a long time for this. To duel the Great Mighty Alpha Logan." Winston replied.

I peeled off my shirt, "You will lose, arrogance will get you killed if you think you can beat me."

Winston too took his shirt off, "I'm more curious as to why you defend that particular girl."

We began to walk circling each other.bI couldn't let him or anyone know that I had a mate. Word would spread that I have a weakness and would grow the balls to come after her to take me down.

"That's my business and mine alone." I said.

"Nah, see I know you. You've never cared much for girls but this one you would defend in a heartbeat."

Winston carried on.

"What is so special about her? You fight for her almost like as if she were your—" he figured it out. His eyes narrowed at her then back at me.

Winston smiles, "Mates."

I growled and charged at him.

*~*

Roselyn

Watching Logan charge at Winston with such force was scary to watch. I could feel the alpha power shimmer in the air as he shifted mid-air tackling Winston.

They rolled around biting and slashing viciously. The whole fight was a blur, two wolves color meshed together spinning up, down and around.

Logan bit into Winston's side tossing him in front of Logan's warrior and Winston's. Winston stood up and his warrior nudged his alpha to help but ended up nudging the other warrior.

Logan's warrior growled punching him before Winston's men threw a punch back. Then all hell broke loose. Both packs started fighting amongst each other and it became another blood bath.

I did my best to dodge from getting tackled in their fight. Suddenly, I felt myself being picked up. I screamed so loud his arms loosened on me.

I fought out of his grip but fell to the floor when his fist came in contact with me face. I quickly tasted blood from my nose that flowed into my mouth.

He was soon top of me trying to wrap his hands around my neck.
I struggled underneath him when I remembered the knife that Logan had given me.

I gripped his wrist as his hands closed around my neck. Reaching underneath my back I pulled the knife out and stabbed it into his neck.

He choked on his blood spurring out before he dropped dead half way on my body and floor. My breath quickened as I just killed someone, I've never killed anyone.

I pushed his body off of me and sat up. My body trembled as I looked around. Dirt and wolves were flying everywhere, even the trees were knocked down.

Blinding me was a bright light flying away from the fight. I followed to where the light ended basically playing mission impossible through this battle.

What was that thing that shined? I thought to myself. As I walked toward the object everything around me started to fade. I felt myself walking in slow motion, almost floating in the air.

The background noise faded into whispered words filling my head. I couldn't make out the words but it was somewhat soothing, like a trance.

As I came to the object it shined like a beacon as everything was blurry and I could no longer see anything. I stared at the necklace.

It was a moonstone necklace, every alpha had one to symbolize their leadership of their pack. It was custom to surrender their moonstone if another pack took over their pack.

It must've been Alpha Elijah's. Logan needed it. I could stop the fight if I claimed it and gave it to him. I reached down to grab it but once my hand brushed against it, a shock went through my body.

The electric shock went through my body and I felt myself falling and then my vision going black.

*~*

Logan

I gave Winston one last punch this one probably knocking out teeth this time. He crumbled to the floor unable to get up.

"Next time maybe you'll think twice about stealing what's mine." I growled.

I looked up and saw all my men standing unarmed while Winston's men were struggling. The smell of blood and dirt lingered in the air.

I heard a groan and watched as Winston slowly stood up. His eye busted shut, blood splurged from his head, nose and mouth.

His body was also cut up from our fight in our wolf forms. I saw his men get up and begin running to their cars.

Winston gave me one last look before hobbling off with the rest of his men back into their cars driving off.

'Where's our mate?' Blade asked concernedly. My heart stopped and my stomach clenched.

Where was my Rose? My men walked up to me and James spoke.

"A great victory was won today Alpha." James put his hand on my shoulder. A great victory wasn't won today if Roselyn wasn't alive and safe by my side.

"Where is she?" I asked demandingly. James scrunched his eyebrows together before turning pale.

Soon my men and I began searching for her. I let out a snarl as I picked a tree up and chucked it. I looked at the horizon, trees fallen on the ground and next to them were dead bodies.

My breath began to hitch faster and faster. Something was wrong, I couldn't even feel her presence to see if she's alive. Before I could feel it faintly but now it was gone.

"Sir!" One of my warriors shouted.

I ran to him as he stood next to Rose. I immediately bent to her side as she laid unconscious covered in dried blood. I relaxed when it wasn't hers but she didn't move.

"Rose?" I said.

I cupped her face but she didn't budge. I cradled her upper body in my arms as I pleaded for her to wake up. Her body seemed unharmed so why wasn't she waking up?

My eye caught her hand which was curled up in a fist. I opened her hand and found her holding the moonstone necklace. I stared in confusion at the moonstone necklace then back at Roselyn.

"Sir?" James asked. "Is she dead?"