No

Chapter Twenty Three

"Ari, is that you?"

"Yeah." I called back throwing my keys and jacket off. I could hear his footsteps coming towards me but I couldn't look up at him.

How did everything become so difficult. We were getting along so well. Joey finally opened up to Caleb. And Zoey would soon find out he was her daddy.

But Heath always had to ruin things!

Life had to ruin things!

Why couldn't we just live happily?

"Because life isn't a fairytale." I mumbled under my breath as I crashed down on my couch.

"Hey, baby what's wrong?" Caleb murmured as he pulled my head up so he could sit, then pulled my head onto his lap.

"I'm so sorry.."

"Why? Ari what happened?" His voice shook as he tensed under me.

"It had nothing to do with Jacob." I hissed opening my eyes to meet with his hard blue orbs. Already imagining what would begin to run through his crazy mind.

Immediately his gaze softened and he began to run his fingers through my hair.

Scoffing I sat up and curled my knees into my chmyt.

"What the hell did you think I did with Jake?"

"Nothing." He rolled his eyes pulling my arm towards him.

"No, I saw that look you gave me Caleb. Be honest with me." I glared snatching my arm away from him.

My wolf whinned needing the warmth and reassurance that everything was going to be okay.

But I held back from crawling into his warm embrace.

"Ari, it was nothing. Please just calm down." He sighed rubbing his forehead.

My eyes traveled over his tired eyes, and messy hair. He looked exhausted.

"Are you okay?" I whispered biting down on my lip. Guilt gnawed at me.

He looked like hell and here I was adding more crap. And on top of that I was going to have to add Heath to the pile that was forming.

"I'm fine, it's you I'm worried about." He said pulling me into his chest. Immediately my arms wrapped around his neck and my ear pressed against his chest.

Hearing the familiar song of his heart, my own heart finally began to calm.

"Ariana please tell me what's going on." He begged as he kissed the top of my head.

"You already have something to worry about." I replied pulling away from his chest to look into his tired blue eyes.

"You're more important than anything. You and our kids." He smiled kissing the tip of my nose.

A blush rose up to my cheeks as a smile made its way onto my face.

Then it dawned on me. My smile vanished and my heart began to beat out of control.

"Ariana. Baby you're scaring me what's wrong?"

Tracing the wrinkles in his forehead from the frowning, I shook my head at him.

Heath didn't know about Caleb. He only knew I ran away from home because I was pregnant.

Maybe I could keep Caleb out of this...

If anything happened to me, the kids would still have Caleb.

My heart dropped as my angels faces flashed through my mind.