~Eighty-Nine~

A/N: Hello, I hope everyone had a great Christmas :) xx

"I totally fucked up that speech, didn't I?" Harry asked me with a sigh as we left our seats.

"What? No way!" I objected immediately, "Why would you think that?"

"I sounded like such a fool up there," he sighed again, "I just wasn't expecting to win, y'know? I didn't prepare any speech."

"So what? For an impromptu speech, it sounded so sweet! Didn't you hear the fans screaming?"

"Yeah, I did. But, you know – they're the fans. They pretty much scream no matter what."

I giggled. "Yeah. I suppose that's true," I then reached down and squeezed his hand, "but that's only because they love you so much."

Harry smiled. "I guess. But still – maybe I should've prepared something."

"What, and risk sounding like a robot while you read it out?" I scoffed, "Improvised speeches make you sound so much better – even if you do 'Um' and 'Er' a little bit."

"I could've said so much more," he shook his head.

"It was short and sweet," I smiled at him, "the best type of speech. Doesn't go on for too long which bores the shit out of people."

"I didn't do enough thank-yous," he said.

"What? Of course you did! You thanked your label, and most importantly, you thanked the fans. That was more than enough."

"But what about my family? Like you?" He looked at me.

"Oh come on, what have I done for your career?" I asked him with a chuckle.

"You've done loads."

"Oh yeah? Like what?" I challenged him, "Was I the one who built your fanbase?"

"Well, no. But-"

"Was I the one who promoted your album so that it'd sell like hotcakes?" I continued.

"No..."

"Was I the one who organized your tour?"

"No..."

"Was I the one who won you this award?"

"No..."

"Exactly," I chuckled again, "it was your label and your fans who did that stuff. Not me. All I've done is live in your house, eat your food and knocked myself up with your baby."

Harry laughed. "OK – you've done a lot more for me than that, Leah."

"Eh – that's basically the gist of it," I told him with a shrug and a smile, "you didn't need to thank me for anything, OK?"

"But...all your support..." he began.

"...Is something I'll always give you, no matter what," I finished for him, "As your partner, I support you. But it's not something you need to publicly thank me for, alright?" I then used my thumb to stroke the back of his hand, "Your speech was lovely, OK? It really was. You have to believe me on that one."

After a pause, Harry finally smiled back at me. "Thanks, Leah."

"Again – nothing to thank me for," my own smile grew, "now, come on – let's find that buffet. Me and my baby are starving."

Harry chuckled and kissed my cheek before he wrapped his arm around my waist. We then followed the other guests out of the stage area and down the hall – since we were pretty sure that following them would lead us to the buffet.