Chapter 4

This is kind of a short chapter but I'm already writing the next one! If this chapter can get 10 votes, I'm going to upload chapter 5 today yay :)

Olivia's outfit to bed ;)

~ ~ ~

Delaney led me upstairs to what I assumed was her room. "You live here too?" I asked.

"Nah I have my own apartment, but if I ever want to crash here, this is my room." She said while rummaging through her dresser. "Here, you can wear this," she handed me a set of pajamas.

The shorts were similar to the ones I had at home, but it was different here. I was sleeping in the same bed as someone now. "Aren't they a little...too short?" I asked nervously.

She giggled. "Damon will love it," she said, as if we were in an actual relationship.

"You know we're not actually engaged," I told her, a little confused.

Her grin turned into a full blown smile. "But you will be by the end of this. You're going to fall in love with him," she stated.

I gave her a disbelieving look before sighing and heading to the bathroom to change. There was no arguing with her, that I could already tell. Coming out, I turned to Delaney, trying to change the subject. "So you and Gabe?"

She froze for a second and I immediately felt guilty. "It's that obvious?" She asked sadly.

"Not really," I shrugged trying to make her feel better. "I'm just observant." When did I decide it was a good idea to pry?

"I love him," she whispered.

My eyes widened in shock at her confession. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I said, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. I was getting uncomfortable listening to her when I had just met her today.

"I might as well, and it would be nice to finally tell someone. You're going to be my pretend sister in law anyway" She rubbed her eyes.

I waited expectantly.

"In case you haven't been able to tell, him and my brother aren't the kind of guys to really settle down. He only sees me as a little sister, but I love him so much it hurts." Her voice broke, but she kept going. "It hurts to see him bringing new girls to every party. It hurts when he talks to me because I know he'll never love me the way I love him. I love him so much and I can't get over him, no matter how hard I try."

She broke down crying and I leaned over and gave her a hug. I might not have known Delaney before today, but she was sweet and I could tell we would be fast friends. "He doesn't know what he's missing out on," I told her.

She sniffles a little. "I'm sorry. Everytime I talk about it I start crying." She laughed a little.

I talked to her for a little bit more after that, but it was mostly me stalling so I wouldn't have to go sleep with Damon. Well that sounded wrong.

Eventually she caught on and dragged me to his room. "Do I really have to go through with this," I whined to her.

She smiled brightly. "It won't be that bad Olivia. I know he seems like a shitty person in the news, but once you get to know him, he's not that bad."

"He's in the news?" I asked surprised. "Why, what does he do?"

Her jaw dropped and she burst into laughter. "Nevermind. He'll tell you himself."

The door I had been leaning against opened suddenly and I toppled over. "Maybe you girls should go to sleep instead of talking," Damon groaned. I moaned feeling a short burst of pain go through my bad leg, which I just fell on. "Liv?" He leaned down over me. "You okay?"

I nodded and stood up. I turned around to say goodnight to Delaney but she was already gone. Suddenly, I felt shy. "Umm...where do you want me to sleep?" I asked Damon nervously.

He shrugged carelessly. "Just pick a side of the bed."

Nope. There was no way I could do this. I was not going to sleep in the same bed as a man who I just met today. "Actually, I'll just take the couch," I squeaked, heading over to the small couch.

"Liv," he sighed. "You can't sleep on the couch for an entire year, so you might as well get used to it." He gently took my arm and led me to the king sized bed. "I'm going to go change in the bathroom."

With that, he turned around and went inside. I took a moment to look around his room. It was neat. Too neat. It was almost as if no one lived here. But it was elegant, and I couldn't help but like it. All it needed was a personal touches.

"I see you've already changed." I flinched when I heard someone behind me, sighing in relief that it was only Damon. His eyes darkened slightly as he looked over my body, making me want to hide under the covers in embarrassment.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

He climbed onto the bed next to me and got underneath the covers. "You can relax you know? I don't bite."

I nodded my head nervously and laid down next to him. He turned the lights off and everything went silent. "Damon," I spoke hesitantly, afraid he would get angry at me like he did at the diner today.

"Yeah?" He asked turning around to face me.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I could make out his face, only inches apart from mine. My breathing hitched, but I tried to calm myself before I made a fool of myself. "Thank you. For saving me today."

He stared into my eyes, making my heart beat faster. I prayed he couldn't hear it. Imagine what a smile from him could do to me. "Goodnight Liv," he whispered softly. That was the last thing I remembered before I drifted off to sleep.

~ ~ ~

Just a filler chapter, but I wanted the reader to get to know more about Delaney!

So Gabe and Delaney or Gabe and Olivia hmm?🤔

Any ideas for what should happen next?

Don't forget to vote and comment <3 10 votes till the next chapter!