Chapter 101

I worked HARD on this chapter. I will leave a (+) where I initially wanted to stop the chapter, however, I changed my mind. So you'll thank me when you know what I mean. 

Enjoy! 

Love you! 

Isabella's POV.

I felt my feet wavering beneath me as I stood up. 

"What?" I asked, not believing the news I was hearing. Felix wrapped an arm around my shoulder, holding me close to him. 

"We're surprised as well. This is a miracle. The boy's condition was awful, his oxygen levels life-threateningly low. The chance that he would wake up was one in a million. But he did! He made it" The nurse said, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

"How-I" I began to stutter, overwhelmed by the sudden happy news. My brother made it. He made it. I would get to hear his voice again, give him a hug again. 

"I'm going to punch that fucker for scaring us like that" Felix exclaimed, taking his hand off my shoulder to ruffle his hair. The nurse chuckled nervously. 

"Judging by the amount of the security you've placed around the hospital I doubt even you yourself could lay a hand on him, sir," she said. 

"We need to see him, right now!" I said breathing heavily from the excitement in my chest. 

"Ah, well-" 

"We NEED to see him" Felix cut her off, making the nurse shake her head. 

"Before you go up there, there are a few things you should know about his condition," She said, making my stomach drop. Immediately I assumed the worst. Memory loss. Permanent issues with breathing. A terminal illness. I shook the thought off. Nothing could compare to losing my brother. Anything was better than death. 

"What's the issue?" Felix asked darkly. I knew he feared the same as me. I brought my hand up as I  began rubbing his back. 

"He woke up around twenty minutes ago. We had to wait to ensure that he is in a stable condition, it would be best if he had no visitors tonight, however, I understand your worry as his family" She said. 

"But you need to understand that in his condition it is possible for other issues to occur. He might be very tired and weak. Might have issues breathing or troubles with forming his thoughts" She said softly. 

"Are you saying my brother can't function?" I exclaimed, losing my temper. She shook her head, sighing. 

"We are lucky that he even woke up. I'm not saying he won't function again. However, I need you to understand that he might find it difficult to do certain things he had no trouble with before his condition"

"Difficulties such as?" Felix asked. 

"I hope you two realize that his oxygen levels were life-threateningly low. It could seriously damage his brain. He won't be able to do anything active for a while. Judging by his physical appearance you can tell that the boy takes care of himself. However, if everything goes smoothly he will have to stay away from any type of intensive physical activities or anything that could drop his oxygen levels. He might find it hard to remember some things or connect his thoughts at first" She said. 

"He can't do any sports?" I asked. 

"Not until the lungs fully recover," she said. I wanted to curse the world for doing this to my brother, however, I thanked whatever was above instead. He could've died, I reminded myself.