Chapter 12

"Alexander!" I hissed again, more urgently this time.

Sure. It was great seeing Marcus' face getting rearranged, but a large crowd was forming and that was not good.

"Hey," I yelled grabbing a hold of Alexanders arm, "-stop, not here."

I got no reply. I was ready to put my black belt too good use, however a hand circled around my arm, gently pulling me back.

"Here," he said, "-I've got it."

Quinton pushed past the excited paparazzi and roughly grabbed Alexander and pulled him off Marcus. Before Alexander could push him off, Quinton whispered something to Alexanders ear making him stop.

Alexander grunted and pushed his friend away, stumbling back. He looked down at a groaning Marcus in disgust and his fists clenched.

Marcus slowly sat up and coughed hysterically as he shielded his face from the cameras. I saw Max appear into the kitchen and run in to the middle to help Marcus up.

"Mr Williams! Hey Mr Williams! Give us a look of that face!" A man with a camera shouted viciously and Marcus furiously stuck the finger up at him.

However he didn't attack him nor Alexander. Like a coward, he allowed a frowning Max to pull him out of the room and probably out of the apartment.

Marcus, Marcus, Marcus. I thought disapprovingly. He was all talk but no action.

"Shows over!" I called out when Quinton got Alexander out of the room.

A lady with bleached blonde hair kept her eyes on Alexanders retreating figure and tried to rush past to follow him.

"I said," I grabbed her arm, "-shows over."

The girl in the purple silk gown frowned at me. However when she noticed my tight grip and serious look she furiously nodded and stepped away.

"Sorry about that," I spoke when everyone stood around in shock and confusion.

"Shall we continue our night? Yes we shall. This way," I motioned towards the main room where all the champagne was.

The crowd quietly mumbled and walked through to the main room. After only a few seconds the chatter signified and the music was once again concealed by conversation.

"That's right," I cooed quietly to myself, "Cameras away," I mumbled.

I watched from afar as the few people with cameras slowly trailed off into conversation and put their cameras away.

Soon enough laughter and glasses clattering were heard once again.

I sighed in relief and made my way up the stairs in the far corner of the room. I began walking up the stairs in a hurry, careful to not trip over my long dress.

My heels slapped loudly onto the marble tiles as I hurriedly opened every door as I made my way down the hall.

Finally, when I made it to the last one, my bedroom, I opened the door and sighed in relief when I saw a more calmed down Alexander leaning on the wall with his arms crossed.

Quinton stood in front of him speaking in a hushed tone.

When the door clicked close behind me, both heads snapped towards mine, tense.

Seeing it was me, both men in their tuxedos relaxed.

"Victoria.." Alexander began.

"Don't worry about it," I dismissed, "-are you alright?" I couldn't help but say. The concern was clear in my voice and I mentally frowned at that.