twenty

Violet

"Let me go right now, Niklaus!" This only seemed to encourage the man, throwing me over his shoulder like a light sack of potatoes. I squirmed and punched his butt as hard as I could.

"Fuck Violet, quit it!" He demanded, opening a door to his right and carrying me within. I stumbled slightly as he placed me back on my feet and I blinked a few times to refocus my attention on how angry I was with the man in front of me. Without thinking, I wound my hand backward and slapped him across the face.

"You're being a dick, you had no right to make me come up here!" His face, now sporting a red tinge across his cheek, remained indifferent despite my assault. "I'm out of here." I attempted to move around him, only for him to block the door.

"Going back to frat boy downstairs?" He tilted his head slightly to the left, half a challenge and half curiosity.

"For your information, Tyler is in law school, which is more than I can say about you." I tipped my chin up confidently, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Seriously?" He took a step forward, making me take a step back. "Is that what he told you he's going to school for? That tool wouldn't even know how to get to a college, much less attend." Nik took another step forward and I swallowed thickly as I took a step backward. "How did it feel when he touched you?" I felt the wall against my back as I took another step behind me, Niklaus closed the distance between us, his fingers just barely grazing my side as his hand made its way up my body.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I mumbled, trying to remain in charge of the conversation. His hand was against my throat, his thumb brushing over my pulse as he dipped his head into the nape of my neck. His warm breath fanned across the sensitive skin and my body shuddered.

"I hate to break it to you, baby girl, but no one can make you feel good like I can," His lips brushed against the sweet spot of my neck and my back arched, making my chest press against his. "No one knows your body like I do," Nik's tongue circled the tender area and I whimpered, my knees wobbling slightly as I felt the familiar swarm of arousal begin to infiltrate my brain. Reality was quick to catch up and I used all of my strength to push him away. Nik took a few steps back while I scurried to the other side of the room, trying to put some distance between us so my brain could operate normally.

"What are you doing? You ended things with me, Nik, you can't just pick and choose-"

"And what if I don't want things to end, Violet?" He took a step toward me, his face falling into an expression of helplessness and anger. "All decisions I make are in the name of your safety-"

"When are you, my father, and everyone else going to realize I don't need constant protection? I can make my own decisions, I can handle myself!" I threw my hands up in frustration. "I'm not a child, Niklaus; my father does not run my life. I choose what my future looks like and who I spend it with."

"So you would give up everything," He motioned around the room, "Your family, the luxury of this lifestyle, the money... all for me." He stated questioningly, his voice laced with disbelief.

"None of that matters when you're with the one you love," I strode forward, pushing him away from the only exit. "But stupid me, right? Falling in love with a ruthless gangster who would choose this lifestyle and the money over me." I reached for the door only for a large hand to wrap around my wrist, pulling me back. I stared up at him angrily, wanting to scream at him that he was an asshole, to punch him in his outrageously good-looking face. But I didn't. He looked down at me, his eyes practically bursting with emotion as he cupped my cheeks.

"Say it again," He whispered softly. My heart was suddenly hammering in my chest and I struggled to keep myself from drowning in his chocolate eyes.